Blue Jeans [One Shot] [part two]

I originally wasn't going to do a part two because I basically just wanted it to fit the song, but you guys wanted it so bad that I felt wrong to just end it.

Also, GiggleBytes23 drew an amazing scene from part one of Blue Jeans!

You all amaze me every single day! Thank you so, so much!

[also adding this just in case anyone actually likes to listen to the music meant for the story]

//

Of course he loved you.

Lex Luthor knew, from the moment he kissed your lips for the first time, that he would love you forever. That was why he had no choice but to leave you behind. He was so, so terrified of everything. If he loved you, he would hurt you. If he loved you, he wouldn't be able to complete his work without wondering how it would affect your future. Everything eventually led back to you.

"Mr. Luthor," Mercy said, appearing behind him in the hall.

Lex turned around. "Hm?"

"Is everything all right?" she asked, her eyes carefully watching him. It was then that Lex realized he was incredibly drunk.

He nodded slowly, his head spinning. "Yes, yes. Everything is perfectly fine. Do me a favor, though. Please make sure ___ is out of my office before the end of the night." Mercy nodded, and Lex turned away. He could still hear your sobs from inside.

Maybe he would drown it out with more bourbon.

//

Two hours later, Lex has already found another woman that preoccupied his thoughts. Downstairs, he avoided his guests by keeping this red headed woman pressed up against the wall. His lips smashed against hers roughly as he tried to drown out the memory of you.

This woman, Kate, was beautiful. She was tall, slender, and had shoulder length red waves that caught the light. Her green eyes burned into Lex's blue ones when she kissed him. But still, even when Lex had a beautiful woman in his arms, he would only think of you.

There was a burst of screams from upstairs. Lex jumped and tore his lips from Kate's. His eyes glanced at the empty staircase. "Hm. What was that?"

Kate sighed. "Probably a drunk passing out," she said. Her hands grabbed Lex's face and she dragged his lips back to hers.

"Hm! No," he mumbled, pulling back again. Something made him feel uneasy. "I should go check."

"Why?" Kate scoffed.

"Because this is my party," he replied.

"So you're just going to leave me here all alone?" She pouted.

Lex raised his eyebrows. "Looks like it, doesn't it, my dear?" She scoffed again as he smirked and turned to the staircase. His foot had just touched the bottom step when Mercy appeared.

"Mr. Luthor, you should come see this," she said.

Lex hurried up. She looked grim, her face pale and her lips pressed together in a thin line. "What is it? A fight? Hm, we've gotten quite a lot of those, haven't we? Remind me to stop inviting citizens of Gotham, will you?"

Mercy shook her head. "No, Mr. Luthor, it's... you should go see." She nodded towards the glass doors, where Lex could suddenly notice the flashing red and blue lights.

"Hm!" he hummed, stepping out. His blood ran cold when he saw the ambulances and the police cars. His guests were running out of the building, some crying, some screaming, some just gossiping.

A woman was crying to her boyfriend, clutching his shoulder tightly. "Oh God, did you see what happened? They didn't survive, there's no way! We should go home. I can't look at this mess!"

What had happened? Lex walked around the ambulance and his heart dropped. Two cars were smashed together. Glass covered the slick ground, blood puddled out of the car door. One car was black; whoever drove it was unknown. The other car, however, was yours. It was smashed nearly beyond recognition.

"Get the gurney over there! Now!" one of the officers shouted angrily. Lex's eyes followed the gurney. Please let it be you. It wasn't. It was a man with grey hair. EMTs were yelling at him as he struggled to breathe.

Lex jerked his head up to the officer. His feet were moving before his brain could comprehend what he was doing. "Where is the woman that was in this car?" he asked, his voice shaking violently. "Where!"

The officer frowned at him. "There," he said, gesturing to the body by the ambulance. It was you. You were laying on a solar blanket. "I'm sorry, Mr. Luthor. There's nothing anyone can do."

It hit Lex harder than any slap he'd received. Just hours ago, he was talking to you. Kissing you. Then, he was yelling at you, and now...

"She was drunk," the officer continued, "and pretty muchin hysterics, from what the witnesses have said. She didn't even know what she was doing."

Lex nodded. Slowly, he approached your body. Your head was bleeding, eyes closed, arm tangled in an unnatural position. Your dress was ripped down the side and covered in blood. His knees gave out.

"___," he breathed.

He began to remember everything about you. Your warm hands, so small in his. Your lips that were always colored with a different shade of lipstick than before. The light laugh that would leave your lips when he kissed your neck.

And now, as he has another woman's smeared lipstick on his mouth, he sobbed. Realization hit him that he was wrong. If he had just told you the truth, you would have been fine. He did this; what he assumed was protecting you was really the reason of your death.

It didn't have any meaning anymore. You wouldn't hear it, you wouldn't know it to be true. You died thinking that Lex Luthor had despised you and used you. It wouldn't matter to you if he said it now or not, but he couldn't just not say it.

"I do love you."

I will love you til the end of time
I would wait a million years
Promise you'll remember that you're mine

Baby can you see through the tears?