holiday imagine #1

ahhh sorry for not updating! I ran out of inspiration to write Lex.

It's November, so that means that I'll be writing holiday themed imagines! Thanksgiving, fall, winter, Christmas... anything! Requests are open. I'll also be starting a holiday themed prompt list soon!

//

It was early in the morning. You stretched and silently crawled out of bed, careful not to wake your husband. He had been working late again. It bothered you, but you tried to not say anything to him. It would just cause an unnecessary fight.

You yawned and walked down the hallway, shivering in only a pair of sleep shorts and a t-shirt. The floor was cold beneath your bare feet. It was time for you to dig out your sweaters, sweatpants, and fuzzy socks.

Shivers ran down your shoulders as you brewed a pot a coffee. Your fingers ached to hold the warm mug of hot brew. When the coffee was completely filtered, you eagerly poured it in to your favorite mug.

"You're up early," you heard Lex say.

You nodded. "I went to bed early last night. I was going to wait for you, but I figured that you weren't coming home until five in the morning."

"Ah, and you were correct," he said. He gripped your waist from behind and kissed the back of your head. "Mm! I'm glad to see you, babe."

"And I'm glad to see you," you said. "For what, twenty more minutes?"

He chuckled against your hair. "Maybe thirty. I have a meeting at eight."

"How much longer until this schedule ends?" you asked seriously. "I don't like having to wait until one of us wakes up to see each other for only twenty minutes."

"I promise more time by the end of the month," he said, turning you around to face him. Your back pressed against the counter. You held your cup of coffee between your chest and Lex's. "Hm... it is November, isn't it?"

"Yes," you answered, raising your eyebrows. "And what about Thanksgiving?"

"What about it?" he asked, reaching around you to snatch a mug. You stared at him as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"It's our first one together," you said. "Didn't you want to take that day off? Invite my family down for dinner..."

"I assumed that you would he heading back home for the holiday," he told you. He sipped his drink and shrugged, placing one hand on his hips. "But have it here if you wish. I, however, will not be attending. Nope, nope, nope. I have work."

"You always have work," you grumble. "Don't miss our first Thanksgiving together, Lex. I wanted to make dinner for us."

"No need," he said. He grabbed his coat that had carelessly been tossed in his chair the night before and shrugged it on. "We have cooks for a reason, dear."

"It's important for me to be with you," he said. "And cook for my... our ... family."

"Maybe next year," he said. He frowned at your expression and took your hand. "I really have to work, babe. You know how I am---"

"Yeah," you snapped. "I know. You're always putting your work before me. That's how you are."

Lex swallowed thickly as you yanked your hand away and stomped off. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. As if he didn't feel guilty enough already because he couldn't tell you what his work truly was, now he was to layer on the guilt by taking away holidays.

It should be easy. Just tell her that all you have to do is murder the beloved hero of Metropolis! Ah, so simple!

Lex finished his coffee and set off to find you. He ended up in front of the bedroom door, where quiet sounds of you sniffling could be heard through the thick wood. Lex huffed. Of course you would cry over this.

"___, honey," he said. No answer. "Can I come in?"

"Are you sure you have time?" you snapped.

Lex winced. "I always have time for you, dear."

"That's bull."

Lex opened the door. You were sitting in the armchair at the end of the room, staring out the window. Tears were visible on your cheeks. He moved to stand in front of you and kneeled down. You turned your head to look at him as he grabbed your hands.

"I don't have to work on Thanksgiving," he whispered. "It's just... hm, if only you could see how stressed I am about work---"

"I can see it," you whispered. "But that doesn't mean that you should treat our holidays as nothing."

"I know."

"I don't want to spend my first Thanksgiving without you," you said. "I want to make the pies and stuff the turkey with you. I want to see us grow together, adding babies and other family members every year."

Lex smiled and stroked his thumbs over your hands. "Hm! That does sound nice."

"It's just us this year," you whispered. "Who knows, maybe we'll have a kid or two next year. I want to remember this. This right here, with you and me and nothing else."

"All right," he said. He kissed your knuckles. "I will call off work and cancel any meetings I have. Ah! Invite your parents and siblings."

"Thank you," you breathed.

A smile grew across your face, warming Lex up inside his chest. He cupped your cheeks in his hands and pulled you close. His lips molded against yours perfectly as you grabbed a fistful of his sweater. Heads tilting, lips colliding, hands pulling each other closer. He hummed against your lips, moving his fingers to brush your cheeks.

"I love you," he whispered as he pulled away. He touched his forehead to yours and kept his eyes shut. "I love you so much. I hope I let you know that enough."

"Hm... make me two pumpkin pies this year, and maybe I'll believe you," you joked lightly.

Lex chuckled and kissed your nose. "Deal. I love you."