You Don't Have to Protect Me Anymore [one shot]

Requested by avengerlocked

I am literally SO stuck on the third part of Finch's Daughter and it is so annoying. If anyone has an idea, please let me hear it. I have an idea for the ending but honestly can't come up with what will happen before.

Since I haven't updated, I've made this extra long (while it was originally two parts, it's just one).

//

//

"Good morning, Alfred," you said, stepping lightly down the steps to greet your butler. He stood at the coffee table, pouring hot water into a tea cup for you. "Any mail for me today?"

"Yes," he said. "More specifically, a letter from Alexander Luthor. I don't suppose that's what you're so giddy about."

You blushed. "You... you didn't say anything to my brother, did you? He doesn't know?"

Alfred straightened up and smiled a little. "Watching you and Master Wayne grow up together has made me realize one thing. Do not do anything that may start a fight between you, because I will never hear the ending of it."

You laughed as you picked up the stack of envelopes on the tea tray. "Well, I can always count on you, Alfred." You shuffled through them, smiling when you saw his name artfully printed onto the manilla envelope.

A smile crept over your face. Lex Luthor had been your boyfriend for six short months, but every single day felt like a first. He treated you better than any other man you'd been with did. You were happy.

The only downside to the relationship was having to keep it hidden. ou had to sneak around to meet with him. If the press saw ____ Wayne go into Lex Luthor's mansion every day, they'd be all over you both. And then your older brother would know.

"Ah, morning, Master Wayne."

You hurriedly stuffed the letter in between the pillows behind you and sat back, putting your cup of tea on your lap. Bruce walked in slowly, dressed in the same suit he had worn the day before. You raised your eyebrows.

"Long night?" you asked. He nodded and rubbed his eyes. "For Bruce Wayne or the Batman?"

"Both," he answered. "Get me a glass of scotch, would you, Alfred?"