Don't Tell [one shot] [part one]

Requested by fadingfawn and about six more of you that wanted a one shot with a reader that was psycho like Harley Quinn. I'm gonna make a couple parts of this because I think it'll be pretty cool.

I posted a message on my wall a couple of days ago, but I'll post it here, too. My parents are going out of town this week and I have to watch my sisters. On top of that, I started getting sick yesterday. On top of the cold that I caught from my cousins, I also have a fever that I caught from my sisters. It's terrible. So please forgive the lack of updates this week!

//

"Hey, Ms. ____, someone sent these files. You were at lunch, so I thought I'd pick them up for you and deliver them myself."

"Thanks," you said, taking a sip of your coffee and grabbed the manilla envelope. You smiled and spun back around to your office.

You had no idea what these files were, nor what they could be. You weren't expecting any files to be sent to your desk this week. Shoving aside any confusion, you tucked the envelope under your arm and started towards your office.

You had been working at LexCorp for only a few months now. You had wanted a fresh start under a new name. It was difficult to do, given your dark past, but you managed to make it happen. You changed your name, cut off all relationships with everyone you knew, and changed your look. Then you made the move to Metropolis for a new life.

You used to live in Gotham. Besides being a well known assistant for Bruce Wayne, you were also well known on the streets. All of your life, you had to struggle to fit in because of your father's past with Gotham's worst criminals. When you turned twenty, you finally gave in to the inevitable and joined the criminals. You'd even spent time in Arkham Asylum and had grown familiar with the Joker himself.

All around psychopath. That's what you heard about your crazier self. You knew that you were crazier than the Joker ever was and ever would be, although you could hide it well. It made you laugh. Psychopath? You? Sure, but not all around. Half of you was normal. That half of you was the the part you brought when you moved to Metropolis.

"Miss ___!" the chirpy voice of your boss, Lex Luthor, said. "There you are. Did you get those files I had Mercy take to your office assistant?"

"Huh?" You glanced at the folder tucked under your arm. "Oh! I haven't gotten a chance to look at them just yet, Mr. Luthor. I'll get right on it."

"Ah, let me know what you think!" he exclaimed, watching you go down the hallway.

You forced a smile on your confused face. Why would you have to let him know what you thought if it was probably just documents to be signed before the next meeting? "Sure thing, Mr. Luthor."

To be honest, you didn't trust the guy. He was your boss, sure, but he was just as much as a psychopathic weirdo as you were. And he brought a different him to work, too. Apparently, your cousin's husband was recruited by Lex Luthor to act as a sort of soldier to bring down the Man of Steel. They were to receive and turn Kryptonite into weapons.

You stepped into your office and shut the door. Huffing, you started to brew a fresh pot of coffee and opened the file. A gasp left your throat as you saw the picture of your mugshot. Glancing nervously around, you sat in your chair and started shuffling through the papers.

Everything was here. Your mugshot, your Arkham patient notes, even pictures of you on the streets that no one could possibly get unless they were following you. Fear coursed through your veins. It was over. You had to flee Metropolis.

You got out of your seat, grabbed the file and your purse, and ran towards the door. As soon as you opened it, Lex stepped up. A sly grin was on his face. You glared at him.

"___!" he said. "Ah, did you read the file? I certainly hope you did!"

You grabbed him by the front of his shirt and yanked him inside. Kicking the door shut, you shoved him against it. He was taller than you, but you were far stronger. Your teeth clamped down hard as you snarled at him.

"How did you get this information on me? Tell me now!" you demanded. He held up his hands in surrender and shrugged. "Lex Luthor, if you truly know me, then you'll know the things I'm capable of. Do not make me kill you, honey."

He raised his eyebrows. "So you are crazy. I have to say, ___, I had my doubts. I mean, a pretty girl like you... so sweet and plain... evil? Crazy? Hm, hm, hm. Never thought."

"I can break all of bones in your arm in one squeeze." You grabbed his upper arm tightly. "Tell me, Luthor. What do you want from me? To frame me? I paid for my crimes already! I did my time."

"I just want to talk," he whispered. You glared at him and stepped back a bit. "Look, I need a favor. There's something I need in Gotham that only you can get for me."

You raised your eyebrows. "Wow, you're really tryin' to blackmail me!" you exclaimed. "I'm impressed. But I can't help you. You want the Bat, don't ya? Well, Batsy and I don't get along. At all. He is sort of the guy who threw me in Arkham."

"I'm sure you can work your way to him," Lex said.

"Ah... not so sure about that," you said, waving a finger. "Lex, I know who you are and what you're doing. Under this whole... nice guy routine... you've got goin' on is a whole other man. You want Superman dead."

His smile vanished. "How... how do you know that?"

You laughed. "You just can't lose, can you? You're afraid to. You're terrified of failure or power... or maybe just aliens in general. Maybe you want to be the hero of Metropolis. I'm sure the citizens would be very pleased to hear about this, huh?" You shrugged and crossed your arms over your chest.

Lex straightened up. "What are you trying to say, ___?"

You pushed against Lex again and nearly touched your forehead to his. His blue eyes watched you carefully. "Don't tell on me," you said coldly. "And I won't tell on you. Understand? Because I will make sure that your career goes right into the ground." You forced a smile and laughed. "Got it?"

A sly smirk appeared on Lex's face. "Got it." Before you could pull back, his lips crashed onto yours. You kissed back immediately, bringing your hands up to the back of his hair. You tugged at the roots as he gripped your waist and pulled you as close as possible.

It was crazy for you to kiss him after he just threatened to ruin your life, but you couldn't stop. There was something about his love for power and desire to have his plan succeed that reminded you of yourself. Besides, you were crazier than him. And that wasn't such a bad thing.

You pulled back and stared at his lips. "Maybe it's because I'm crazy," you said, "but I'll help you. Not because I think you're right, but because I want to see just how insane you can get, Mr. Luthor."

He hummed and nodded. His fingers stroked your face and he stared right into your eyes. "Hm... can't argue with that."