Nightmare [One Shot]

Based on this:

Based on this:

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

---

The image in Lex's head was distorted and disturbing. A part of him knew that he was only sleeping, but that part was overshadowed by the crippling fear of what was above him.

His father, picking up a bottle of liquor and bringing it to his lips. A long swig, a clench of his fist. Another swig. Another.

"You're worthless, boy."

Lex blinked, suddenly feeling thirteen years younger.

"I know, Dad."

"Just like your mother. Stand up, son."

Lex shook his head in fear. "No."

"Stand up!" he roared, shooting out of his seat. The bottle clashed to the floor. Lex flinched but didn't obey. He held his hands up in front of his face as his father's fist curled and lifted. "She doesn't love you."

At first, Lex thought that he was talking about his mother. She left him when he was just a kid to escape her monstrosity of a husband, but she left her five year old boy behind without a second glance.

"I know," Lex whimpered, pulling his knees up against his chest.

"And how could she? After all this time, you only make her work. Worry about you, take care of you, stay up until the sun comes up just because you're too weak to sit in the dark."

Slowly, he lifted his head. Realization hit that he was talking about you, his wife of only six months. It was true; you did all of those things without argument. Lex didn't understand why, and somehow that has creeped inside of his dreams.

He decided this was enough. He could wake up, and he will. "You're not real. You're not really here, and this isn't real. Hm! I killed you. Ha! Yes, I killed you." His cold fingers gripped the sides of the chair as his father stood up and raised the bottle. Lex closed his eyes as the bottle shattered on the top of his head.

Back in the present, Lex jolted awake. His eyes popped open and a gasp escaped his lips. Panic was rising in his chest. Then, he felt something in his arms.

You, pressed up against his chest, your hands holding his against you. Your hair cascaded across the fluffy pillows. The moonlight from the tall windows lit up your face. You are beautiful, and Lex often wonders how he came to find you.

Still shivering from his nightmare, he began to press light kisses against the back of your head. He nuzzled against you, squeezed your hands, anything to make sure you were real.

You began to stir. Lex froze in hopes that you would just sleep. But your eyes fluttered open and your head turned. You scanned his face and gave him a half frown.

"Lex? Babe, did you have another nightmare?" you asked, moving until you were sitting upright. You grabbed his shaking arms and gently tugged them. "Sit up with me---"

He grimaced as his father's words came back into his head. Lex began to push you away gently, whispering, "No. No, I--- don't. No." He turned onto his side, facing away from you.

"Lex?" you whispered brokenly. Never did he not want your help and comfort. "What's wrong?"

He remained quiet.

"Did I do something wrong?" you asked.

He closed his eyes. It took everything in him to not curl up into your arms and cry. "No, you didn't do anything wrong. That's why I---"

"I'm confused."

"Why do you stay?" he whispered.

"What?"

He licked his lips. "Why... why do you stay?"

"Lex..." You crawled over and placed your hand on his shoulder. He slowly turned onto his back and looked at you with tear filled, tortured eyes. "Lex, I stay because I love you."

He looked down and moved over until he was laying on your lap. He wrapped his arms around your stomach and buried his face into your t-shirt.

"What happened?" you whispered, gently moving your fingers through his tangled hair. "What happened in you dream?"

Lex barely spoke loud enough for you to hear. "He told me that you didn't love me. And of course I know that you must somehow. You stood up in front of all those people and told me when I married you... but he's right. I work you too hard. You have to sit up with me every night just because I'm too weak and scared. I'm supposed to protect you, but I can't even protect myself."

You paused for a long moment before you began to speak to him. "They're just nightmares, Lex. And I don't think you're weak. I understand why you act like this... not once have I blamed you or hated having to sit up with you."

"I just..."

You brushed your fingers against his jawline. "Babe... look at me."

He did.

You stroked his cheeks and cupped his face, wanting so badly to free him from this pain. A frown spread across your lips and you sighed sadly. He just blinked at you.

"Lex... I wish I could fix things. I wish I could fix you until you wouldn't hurt or be afraid, but I can't. I'm just a person, I'm just your wife. I wish I could be so much more to you... but all I can do is love you and hope that's enough.

"And yeah, that includes sitting up with you all night to keep the nightmares away, but that's worth it to me. Holding you, talking to you, just being with you... that makes it worthwhile to me. I'm in love with you, Lex Luthor. That's why I stay."

He slowly sat up. With his hands still shaking, he pulled you into his lap. "Just... come here."

You snuggled against his warm chest and wrapped your arms around him. He kissed your cheek and the tip of your nose; he brushed the hair away from your forehead to kiss there, too.

"I love you," he said. "I... I love you, and I'll never understand what I did to deserve such a perfect human being in my life. You... you were exactly who my father said I didn't deserve."

You tilted your head and kissed his jaw lovingly. He sighed and dipped his head, his forehead touching your temple.

"Well, your father was always wrong."

Lex Luthor x Reader [one shots/imagines] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें