Chapter 5 - Conquering Whitechapel (Part 3)

"Well, that was certainly fun." Jacob said as we ran through the crowd of people and I couldn't help but smile at his words, admitting to myself that it was indeed fun.

"I don't think the fun is over just yet Jacob, we still have Rexford Kaylock to deal with and something tells me that he won't be alone. In fact, wouldn't he be around where the Blighters reside in Whitechapel, you know like a stronghold?" I said.

"A stronghold huh? Looks like that would be our next destination." Before I could say anything else, someone roughly barged into my shoulder, catching me off guard and nearly sent me tumbling to the ground if it wasn't for Jacob catching me by wrapping his arms around my waist. "Are you alright?" I could hear the concern in his voice and replied,

"I'm alright. Geez, don't people know that when you barge into others, they could at least have the decency to apologise?" I lowered my arms onto my robe, only to realise that my pocket was empty. "Bloody hell, not again." I said as I let out a groan.

"What happened?" Jacob asked.

"Seems like I've been robbed once again." Before anything else was said, I looked around and caught a glance of someone running around the corner. I immediately took off after him, determined to get my money back. I pushed people out of the way, while keeping my eye on the thief. However, after a few moments of chasing him, I ended up losing sight of him due to the amount of people who were in my way and I let out a sigh. 'This is the second time I was robbed and the thief got away. Why can't they steal from someone else, or better yet not steal at all?' Not long later, I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Jacob standing there.

"Did you manage to get your money back love?" He said and all I did was shake my head.

"It would seem that he got away. Damn it, this is the second time I got robbed and the damn bastard got away."

"When was the other time you got robbed?"

"When I first arrived to London this little boy had taken my money from me. I chased him, only to end up in the Blighters territory, where four guys were hanging around."

"Hold on, four Blighters?"

"Yeah, and I killed each one of them. Anyway, once they were dead, someone behind me spoke up, saying how I possess quite the skill. I asked him who he was, and he said that his name is Henry Green."

"And then you two made your way back to his shop, where Evie and I were waiting for him?"

"Well, we talked for a bit first, and then we made our way back to his shop." Before anything else was said, I noticed Evie behind Jacob, walking up to us.

"There you two are, I've been looking for you." She said as she approached us.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"What happened?"

"Some bastard happened to barge into me, taking my money from my pocket as he did so. As soon as I noticed, I tried to catch him, only to end up losing him because of the bustling crowd of people. This is the second time this has happened; it's making me mad." My fists were clenched as I finished talking.

'Look love, why don't you take down some Blighters to deal with your anger? We are going to their stronghold here in Whitechapel, aren't we?" Jacob said as he looked towards his sister as he finished speaking.

"I suppose. I mean, the sooner we get this over with, the better right?" Evie said and I could see a smile on Jacob's face. 'He's obviously looking forward to another fight.' I thought.