Chapter 45 - I just got you back

Jacob's POV

A crowd of people gather and watch as the Alhambra burns to the ground, and yet I can only focus on the woman right in front of me, in my very arms. 'All this time with Roth, she was right in front of me. And I had no idea that I was this close to finding her.' I thought as I simply looked at her, my eyes widening in disbelief.

"(Name)..." Was the only thing I could say.

"I'm sorry, Jacob." Before I could ask her why, her eyes closed as her body went limp. Not wasting anytime, I got up from the ground and carried her back to the train, hoping to get some answers when she awakens.

End of POV

Time skip

I could feel myself lying on something a tad uncomfortable. Wanting to know what it was, and just where I am, my eye fluttered open as I took in my surroundings. I was lying on a couch in a train, with information hung on the walls, papers scattered on a desk, weapons and all sorts of things in boxes. I sat up and looked around some more. The place was unfamiliar to me, yet familiar at the same time. 'There's something about this place...' I begin to think, before my head begins to hurt.

Flashback

"A hideout on the rails, what an excellent idea." A familiar voice spoke out as I remained outside, taking a few deep breaths to calm my racing heart.

"Yes, it all worked out rather well, except for the fact that (name) isn't here with us right now." Jacob said, with what appeared to be a sarcastic, yet hurt, tone in his voice. "Why are you here, Henry? Why aren't you with her, making sure she is ok?"

"Don't worry Jacob, she is perfectly fine, I assure you. I wouldn't have left if she wasn't going to be ok." This Henry fellow replied.

"And how can you be so sure?" It was then I walked through the door, being very mindful of my injury, and said,

"Perhaps it's because I'm her now Jacob." The look on his face was certainly a reaction I was not expecting. He eyes widened as his jaw dropped, shock and relief were the only emotions I could decipher from his eyes. Before I could say anything else, he walked up to me, wrapped his hands around my waist and brought me into his chest, hugging me as if he didn't want to let me go.

"Bloody hell love, don't ever scare me like that again."

End of flashback

After seeing what I saw, I brought my hands to my shirt and lifted it up, seeing a faint scar on my stomach. I subconsciously placed my hand on it, as if I could recall the wound from that day yet finding myself confused as to why I was injured. That part, I can't remember. 'These flashbacks...I must know why I have them, and why it seems from a life I can't quite recall.'

"(Name)?" I heard someone speak out, bringing me from my thoughts and back to reality. I lowered my shirt and looked over to see who it was that spoke my name.

"Jacob." Was all I could say. Nothing was said between us for a while, it was as if we both had questions, yet were hesitant to ask. The silence continued, before he took a deep breath and walked over to couch, sitting down beside me. "What happened to you after getting rid of Pearl?" His voice was nothing more than a whisper, though I couldn't understand why. His question also confused me.

"Got rid of Pearl? I'm sorry, but I don't know who that is, or why you and I got rid of her. As far as I can tell, I have never met the woman." I replied.

"Hold on a moment, what are you talking about? You and I were working together to get rid of Pearl after it was known that she was working with the Templars."

"Templars? I don't even know who they are, or what they do."

"Come on (Name), stop playing games and just tell me what happened to you love."

"I'm serious Jacob, I have no idea who the Templars are, who this Pearl was or anything else that you might say. I don't remember working with you, nor why I would work with you when I know you're an assassin."

"You...don't remember anything..." His look, well it broke my heart to see it, though I don't understand why. He was hurt, probably broken-hearted, as he looked to the ground, looking away from me. I don't know what compelled me to do it, but I placed my hand on his cheek, slowly caressing it as I redirected his focus on me.

"Who am I, Jacob? What am I?" I asked softly. While I caressed his cheek, he placed his hand on mine, doing the same thing that I was doing to him.

"You truly don't remember, do you (Name)? What have they done to you...?" His last few words were muttered out, almost to the point that I couldn't hear them. I placed my forehead on his and closed my eyes.

"A part of me is missing, Jacob. I want to know what that is, and these flashbacks I have only leave me with more questions. I was told to stay away from you, that I would be putting myself in danger, but I didn't listen. I needed to see you, to know how you know me, to find out why I know you and why you're involved one way or another in all the flashbacks I've been having. Please Jacob, will you help me?"

Jacob's POV

"Please Jacob, will you help me?" (Name) finished saying after she rested her forehead on mine and closed her eyes. My heart ached at the thought of her forgetting who she is, as well as all the time we have spent together. However, I relish in the fact that I can feel her again, to know that she is right in front of me, after all this time of her being missing. I couldn't help myself, I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closely to my body, holding her tightly. She let out a gasp as I did so. "Jacob?"

"I swear to you, I will help you get your memories back, no matter what. You will remember who you are, you will remember the times you and I have had together, and I will make the person who caused you to forget your memories pay for doing this to you. I miss you, (Name). Please come back to me." I whispered the last few words, and I couldn't tell if she had heard me or not.

End of POV

I let out a gasp as he suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist, pulled me close to his body and held me tightly. The words he spoke as he did so brought warmth to my heart. To know he cares enough to want to help me brings a smile to my face. However, that was quickly replaced with a frown as I remembered father and how I should be getting back to him. A part of me knew that Jacob wouldn't want me leaving, but I know that I must, or else father would find out that I was with Jacob. I slowly pulled away from him and said,

"I apologise, Jacob, but I must be going now. Thank you for rescuing me from the burning theatre, I would've died had you not come to my aid."

"Hang on love, what do you mean you have to go? I just got you back, after you've been missing for so long, I can't let you go now."

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you why, nor where I am going."

"(Name), please. Stay here, with me, and we can get your memories back. Plus we have a lot to talk about."

"Do you trust me?" I spoke after a few moments of silence. 

"Of course I do. Memories or not, I trust you."

"Then know that I will be back, trust that you will find me again soon." Before he could say anything else, I placed a tender kiss on his cheek. "I may not remember, Jacob Frye, but this isn't the last time we will meet. Perhaps next time we meet will be under better circumstances?" With that, I walked out of the train and went to find some of my father's men who could take me back home. Along the way, I couldn't help but place my hands on my lips, the same one's that kissed Jacob on the cheek. 'Pity it wasn't on the lips.'