Chapter 6 - Conquering Whitechapel (Part 4)

"Well, well, who do we have here?" We all looked behind us and saw who looks to be Rexford Kaylock, standing there with six other Blighters. "It seems you all want my employer's attention."

"Oh, we positively crave it, but you'll do for now." Jacob said.

"As you like." He whistled before pulling out a type of gun and shot it at the roof, only to quickly scale up the building and disappear without another word. Before anything else is said, the Blighters charged straight for us. I took a quick glance at the twins before pulling out my weapon and then running straight for the Blighters, ready for a fight. I headed straight for the brute who was about to attack one of the guys, who is now a Rook, and slammed my cane sword right over his head, catching him completely off guard and watching as he fell to his knees, clutching his head.

"You bitch! You'll pay for that." He said as he tried to get up, only to stumble over.

"You have to be alive for me to pay." I said before stabbing him in the neck with my hidden blade. Once he was dead, I looked around and noticed that Jacob was finishing off two Blighters, watching as they fell to the floor, becoming nothing more than corpses. I looked around again and saw that Evie was finishing off two Blighters as well, their bodies dropping dead to the floor. I looked around once more and noticed the last Blighter trying to creep up on Evie. I quickly pulled out a knife from my robes and shouted,

"Evie, duck!" and threw the knife, impaling it deep within the Blighters skull.

"Thanks (Name)."

"Anytime." Once that was done, I looked around and noticed that all the Blighters were dead. "Well, that was certainly something." I said as I looked around at all the corpses just lying on the floor.

"What are you talking about love, that was bloody brilliant. That's exactly what I'm always looking forward to, a bloody good fight." Jacob said. Before anything else could be said, a voice behind us spoke up and said,

"Ah, there you are." We looked behind us and saw that it was Henry.

"You were looking for us?" I asked.

"Indeed. Now that all the criminal activities in this borough have been accomplished, all that stands between you and Whitechapel is the villain controlling the borough. Kaylock has demanded you settle the claim for territory in a gang fight."

"His loss." Jacob says.

"Here," Henry began to say as he handed us all an Ivory Kukri, "I'm sure you can put this to better use then I can."

"What's this Greenie, Assassin Christmas?" Jacob says as he eagerly grabbed the weapon and begun swinging it around.

"Gather your allies." Was all that was said before he walked off.

"Well, we already have two people on our side, why don't we go and see is there is anyone else?" I said as I looked at the twins, who just nodded their heads in return.

Time skip

"Mister Rexford Kaylock has agreed to your terms, and waits for you at the Whitechapel train station. He's bet his train on the fight." Jacob and I looked at each other before nodding our heads and then leaving the carriage, only to see that there are ten Blighters standing in our way.

"Hm, no Kaylock. No matter." Jacob said as we looked around.

"Where are you, Kaylock? Perhaps this will draw you out...?" Evie said after.

"We'll find him soon, for now, let's take these Blighters down." I said before looking towards those who have joined our gang.

"This borough belongs to us!" Jacob yelled out as he pulled out his kukri and charged at the Blighters. Evie and I pulled out our cane swords and charged as well, The Rooks soon following us. I went after the closest Blighter and smashed my weapon over his head, temporarily lowering his guard as he clutched it. While he's guard was lowered, I pulled the sword out from the cane and stabbed him in the stomach, not bothering to watch as he died as I ran over to the next, only to notice that two are coming my way, both had their weapons out. I stood where I was, waiting for them to approach me and as soon as they were close enough, I ducked out of the way, and the two Blighters stabbed each other in a vital area, killing each other instantly. While I had time, I looked around and noticed that both Jacob and Evie were finishing off a few Blighters as well as the new Rooks killing some as well. Before I knew it, all the Blighters were dead, their corpses surrounding us as their blood spilled on the ground.

"That's all of them." I said. Just as I finished speaking, the sound of someone whistling could be heard. We all looked behind us and saw Rexford Kaylock standing on top of the train with four other Blighters, two of them being Brutes.

"Ah! There you are!" Kaylock said as the train began to move along the tracks. I looked at the twins and we all nodded our heads before running after the train.

"So," I began to say as we ran. "how are we going to do this?"

"Well, you and I can take care of the Blighters who surround Kaylock while Jacob fights him head on. How does that sound?" Evie said.

"I rather like that idea."

"So do I." Jacob said as he ran further ahead to take on Kaylock. I looked at Evie and said,

"I'll take the Brutes; you take the other two?"

"Sure." With that, I ran further ahead and jumped on the carriage where the Brutes where waiting. While the element of surprise was on my side, I jumped onto the side of the carriage, flicked my wrist so my hidden blade was out, and leapt up onto the carriage, plunging my blade deep within the first one's stomach before pulling him down and off the carriage. Now that the other one is alerted, I jumped onto the carriage and pulled out my cane sword, preparing myself for a fight. I waited for the Blighter to charge, which didn't take too long, and stood there as he approached. Once he was close enough, I ducked under his arm and wacked him across the stomach with my weapon.

"Really, is that all you've got." He simply shrugged off the attack, as if it didn't affect him and swung his weapon again, successfully managing to cut me on the arm.

"Ow." I said as I winced in pain. However, I didn't have much time to think about it as the Brute readied himself and swung his weapon again, this time managing to cut me on the stomach. I winced once again as I felt my blood run down my body. Before he could hit me once again, I raised my weapon and, with as much strength as I could, sung it and successfully knocked the breath out of him, causing him to lower his guard. As he was done, I plunged my hidden blade into his throat, making sure to bury it deep within. He dropped to his knees and rolled off the carriage. I looked around and noticed that Jacob and Evie had also killed their targets. As best as I could, I placed my hand on my stomach, trying to stop as much as the bleeding as I could, and walked over to them.

"It appears to be broken." Evie says as she walks over and picks up the gun we saw Kaylock use to quickly climb the building when we were ambushed.

"Oh well, at least we have a train now, it's not all bad." Jacob said as the train began to stop and we walked along the carriages until we reached the very last one, where we saw many Blighters standing there, not one looking to attack. Jacob stepped forward and held up a Templar badge. "Kaylock is dead. Whitechapel is no longer in the hands of the Blighters." He then threw the badge on the ground.

"You now have the chance to join our ranks. We welcome all who would stand up to Starrick and his cutthroats." Evie spoke up. For a few moments, no one moved until suddenly, one of the Blighters stepped forward. One of the Rooks walked forward and gave the, now ex-Blighter, a green coat, which he put on immediately. Jacob jumped from the carriage and said,

"Welcome to the Rooks." As they were all cheering, black spots began to cloud my vision and before I knew it, my body fell forward as I succumbed to the darkness.