Chapter 39 - Motion to Impeach

Jacob's POV

"Another day on the job...another day without (Name)..." I said in a low tone, making sure that no one could hear me.

"What was that, Jacob?" Evie said as she turned towards me.

"Nothing, oh dear sister of mine." Just as I was about to walk off the train, Evie stopped me and said,

"Any news on the whereabouts of (Name)?" Just the mention of her name has my heart clenching. 'Bloody hell, Jacob. Get a hold of yourself. This is not the time to be feeling anything when you have a damn job to do.'

"Not a word I'm afraid. I swear I caught a glimpse of her before, but then she would've come up to me if it was her, right?"

"Jacob..."

"Anyway, I've got some dealings in politics today, so I'll be off now." I quickly left the train before anything else could be said. 'I don't want to talk about (Name), I'd rather see her, talk to her, and hopefully sort out whatever it is that's between us. Only question is, when will that be?'  Was all I could think about as I made my way to the Palace of Westminster.

It wasn't long before I reached my destination. I scaled up one of the buildings and activated my eagle vision to survey the area. One thing I saw was a politician speaking to a man who looked to be of use to me, one way or another.

"What's this nonsense about needing a password to see Lord Cardigan today?" The politician said.

"Relax. I've got it in my pocket." The man said as he placed his hand on the pocket where the password is located. 'That would appear to be useful.' I thought as I looked around some more.

"Look sharp, men. Allow no one past unless I authorize them." A policeman says to his men. However, there appears to be something shady about them. 'I'll need to be careful around those men. I don't think they have anything to do with Freddy.' I slightly turned around to see inside the building.

"Cardigan has gone too far this time! I've a mind to contact Scotland Yard myself." Another politician said. 'Seems like we have a few who oppose Cardigan, good to know.' I looked around once more and saw the men who would meet my blade today.

"Come now, gentlemen, I'd thought us united in opposition against this perfidious law." There was something about him that had me itching to allow him the privilege of meeting my blade fast. 'First things first, the password.' I thought as I deactivated my eagle vision. There were a lot of guards around the place, so I knew I had to be as discreet as possible if I wanted to get that password.

As quietly as I could, I stalked the man with the password, making sure to stay far away from th guards as I could. While the man seemed a little too distracted by something in front of him, I took the opportunity to get as close as possible and stole the password from his pocket.

"Balaclava'. Of course it bloody is." I said as I read the password. With that out of the way, I made my way to the policeman I spotted before. Before he had any time to process what's happening, I grabbed his arm and held it behind his back. "I just need to get inside. No need for this to get messy." I said

"All right, all right! Just don't hurt me!" With the policeman, it was a piece of cake walking into the Minister Hall. 'Next stop, the politician who's opposing Cardigan.'

"Pardon me, gentlemen, Sergeant Freddy Abberline of Scotland Yard. Where might this scandalous activity be taking place?" I said as I approached him. 'Surely Freddy won't mind if I just borrow his name.'