Chapter 10 - More about Jacob and Evie

'What could have possibly happened between Jacob and Evie that has them fighting as if they were rivals instead of siblings?' I thought as I watched the twins focus on other tasks. Evie walked over to the desk that was full of papers and a variety of books while Jacob was looking at the board that appears to be full of information that appears to be rather useful. While they were doing this, they were completely ignoring each other. All I could do was stand there in silence, wondering what to do, especially after witnessing such a scene between the twins.

Without saying a word, I walked out of the carriage and into the next, finding myself suddenly exhausted, as if my body was begging to have some rest, and I simply couldn't agree more. The stab wound had begun to ache, and I found myself wincing. As carefully as I could, I walked over to the seat and sat down, finding myself taking a deep breath as I felt my body begin to relax. The ache from the stab wound had begun to dull down as I allowed my body to relax. 'Bloody hell.' I begin to think. 'How long will it be before I can get back out into the field, to actually do something to help reclaim London from Starrick?' As I thought that, my eyes had begun to feel heavy and, before I knew it, I had succumbed to the darkness.

Time skip

My eyes fluttered open as I picked up on the sound of approaching footsteps. I looked behind me and saw that it was Henry, carrying a box full of books and placing them on a desk.

"Oh (Name), I had no idea you were resting. I'm sorry for disturbing you." He said.

"Oh no, it's fine Henry. I should probably be getting up anyway." I said as I slowly got up from the seat and begin stretching, keeping in mind that I have not yet recovered, thus being careful as I stretched.

"How are you feeling, now that you have gotten some rest?"

"Well my body on longer feels exhausted and my wound doesn't hurt as much as before."

"Hold on, you were in pain?"

"But don't worry, it feels much better then it did before. I hadn't realise until after that tense moment with the twins."

"Yeah, that got rather heated, even for them."

"Have they always been like that?" I asked with curiosity laced within my voice. 

"Honestly, I don't know. Sure, I knew their father, even leant a few things from him, but I didn't have much to do with Jacob and Evie until they arrived to London." Nothing more was said as we fell into a comfortable silence.

I took the chance to have a good look around and saw that there were multiple books and stacks of paper already occupying the desks. 'It seems to be coming along rather nicely.' I thought as I made my way over to the desk, seeing so much information about a variety of things that are happening in London.

"Henry, may I ask you something?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Of course." He replied.

"I know it's not really any of my business but, that heated discussion between Jacob and Evie, what was that all about? I mean, it certainly wasn't just a normal sibling rivalry, that was something else. The atmosphere surrounding them, it was really tense, like there was nothing that could be said to break it."

"Although they are siblings, Jacob and Evie are two entirely different people. Evie is tactical and always has a plan in mind for every situation she comes across. As well as being tactical, she craves knowledge and loves to find out as much information as she can about her target, giving her any sort of advantage to help her come out on top."

"So she plans everything before making any sort of move against the enemy?"

"Yes. She prefers to hide within the shadows and take out her targets with either her hidden blade or with throwing knives. She specialises in stealth and uses the shadows to her advantage."

"What about Jacob?"

"Stealth is definitely not his way of doing things. He loves confrontation, especially if it leads to a fight. No matter how many enemies there may be, he would charge right in and face them head on, with no plan in mind whatsoever. Unlike Evie who would gather as much information as possible, Jacob learns the name of his target and their location before heading off for a fight. I'm pretty sure you know this already but, he loves a good fight."

"That's going to get him killed one day if he's not careful."

"Honestly, fighting head on is his speciality, the strength he has is his weapon to defeat his enemies."

"They really are different, huh?"

"They may have the same father but, only Evie ever listened to him and did things his way. She followed the Creed just as their father did."

"What about Jacob? Did he do things the way their father did?"

"From my understanding, no he didn't. I think Jacob felt as if he was living in his father's shadow, and that he wanted to be free of that and rebelled against his father's teachings. Unlike Evie who took the teachings with pride, Jacob was out looking for a fight."

"No wonder they clash a lot."

"Indeed. But, even though they have different ways to accomplish their goal, they both want the same thing in the end. Even though Evie is more focused on the Precursor artifact and Jacob is more focused on taking down Starrick's accomplices, their end goal is the same; to reclaim London."

"Thank you Henry, for telling me more about Jacob and Evie. It gives me a bit more of a better understanding of who they are."

"You're welcome (Name). I'm glad I could be of assistance to you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find Jacob and see what he intends to do next." With that, I walked out of the carriage and into another, in search of Jacob.