Chapter 7 - Worried about (Name)

Jacob's POV

"Welcome to the Rooks." I said as the, now ex-Blighter, put on the green coat, indicating that he is now on our side. Just as I finished speaking, I heard Evie shout out.

"Jacob!" I looked up at the train, only to see her holding onto an unconscious (Name), who was resting on her lap. I let out a small gasp as I quickly ran and climbed up the carriage, only to be greeted by the sight of a pool of blood surrounding both Evie and (Name). I rushed over to Evie and said,

"What happened?"

"I don't know. One minute everything is fine, and then the next she collapsed." I looked around and noticed that a majority of the blood is coming from (Name)'s stomach.

"We need to get her somewhere safer. She's been slashed across the stomach and the longer we sit around doing nothing, the more chance she has of dying." A wave of panic began to course through my body, my heart beating at an uneven pace, the urge to do something, anything, increasing with each passing second. I could feel my body begin to shake, the sounds around me beginning to fade away as I focused on (Name) alone.

"Jacob." I thought I heard someone say, though I couldn't be fully sure. "Jacob." They said once again, their voice louder than before, indicating that I wasn't simply imagining it. "Jacob!" They shouted out while shaking my shoulders. I adverted my eyes from (Name) and glanced over to see who it was that was shouting out my name.

"Greenie? What are you doing here?" I said with confusion. "Last we saw you was before we went and fought Kaylock."

"I was coming to see what happened, until I heard the commotion. Tell me, what happened?"

"I don't know. One minute, I'm welcoming someone to the Rooks and the next, I hear Evie scream out my name, with an unconscious (Name) surrounded by her own blood. We have to help her." I went to pick up (Name), only to be stopped by Henry.

"Listen, now that Kaylock is dead, these people are going to be needing guidance, especially those who will join you. You deal with them and I'll get (Name) to the hospital." He said as he began to move towards her unconscious body and began to pick her up, bridal style.

"But,"

"Jacob, I know you're worried, but she'll be alright."

"Worried isn't the only thing I feel right now. I'm bloody scared that she won't be alright." I muttered out, hoping that no one had heard me as I don't want to deal with any questions as to what I said. Thankfully, no one had heard.

"I promise to take care of her. She'll be up and running beside you and Evie in no time."

"She better be alright; we can't do this without her."

"You deal with this and I'll get (Name) to the hospital, she'll be in safe hands, I assure you." All I did was nod my head, knowing that he'll take care of her. With that, He left with (Name) in his arms, carefully jumping down from the top of the train, and called a carriage. Before I knew it, they left and I was left with Evie and those who are now known as the Rooks.

"Jacob, will you address them, or shall I?" Evie spoke up.

"You do it." I replied as I looked to the ground, only to see the strange type of gun that Kaylock had on him. I simply picked it up as Evie turned towards the people and said,

"We welcome all have joined The Rooks. As now isn't the time to establish what we need you to do, we now have a stronghold were you can stay, should you choose to." With that, the crown dispersed and my sister and I jumped off the train and made our way inside.