Chapter 8 - Worried? More like Scared

Our little detour had us going to Henry's shop, where he grabbed a box full of books and papers before we finally made our way back to who knows where. The whole trip was silent as I lost myself to my thoughts. 'I can't believe how worried Jacob had sounded when Henry spoke of him. I hadn't realised how important I am to him. I thought that I was just another assassin to him, not that he would think of me as more than a mere ally. Perhaps, he thinks of me as a friend than a simple ally. I mean, why else would he be so worried about me?' I thought as we walked.

"Is something the matter (Name)?" Henry asked after a few more moments of silence, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I just don't understand something Henry. Why was Jacob so worried about me? I mean, aren't I just another ally to him?" I said with confusion.

"Perhaps you mean more to him than just an ally? Though, he didn't seem just worried. If I remember correctly he muttered something that sounded like he was absolutely scared of losing you."

"So, he worries about me the way he worries about a friend?"

"Oh (Name), if only you could see what's right in front of you."

"I don't understand what you mean."

"In due time you will. Now, let's continue on, we should be approaching the hideout very shortly." Nothing more was said as we continued on.

Mini time skip

"A hideout on the rails, what an excellent idea." I heard Henry say as he walked through the door. However, I remained outside, as I took a deep breath to calm my racing heart.

"Yes, it all worked out rather well." I heard Evie begin to say.

"Yes, everything worked out rather well, except for the fact that (Name) isn't here with us right now." I heard Jacob say next with, what seemed to be a sarcastic yet hurt tone in his voice. "Why are you here Henry? Why aren't you with her, making sure she is ok?"

"Don't worry Jacob, she is perfectly fine, I assure you. I wouldn't have left if she wasn't going to be ok." Henry said.

"And how can you be so sure?" It was then I walked through the door, being very mindful of my injury, and said,

"Perhaps it's because I'm here now Jacob." The look on his face was certainly a reaction I was not expecting. His eyes widened as his jaw dropped, shock and relief were the only emotions I could decipher from his eyes. Before I could say anything else, he walked up to me, wrapped his hands around my waist and brought me into his chest, hugging me as if he didn't want to let me go. 

"Bloody hell love, don't ever scare me like that again."

"It's not like I was planning to get stabbed."

"Just, be careful, alright?"

"Alright. Now, not like I'm enjoying this or anything but, could you please ease up on the hug, I'm still recovery and you're kinda hurting me." He immediately loosened the hug, but didn't remove his hands.

"Sorry, I was just really worried when you had to be taken to the hospital. No, I wasn't worried, I was bloody scared. I thought I was going to lose you."

"You're not going to lose me." Nothing else was said as I enjoyed the comforting feeling from his hands around my waist as I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. Not long after, he had removed his hands as he noticed the looks on Henry's and Evie's face, which I happened to notice as well, and bashfully pulled away. His hands touched me for a few seconds longer as he slowly pulled away, as if he didn't want to let me go.

"It's really good to have you back (Name), we were worried about you. Well, Jacob more than me, you should have seen him." Evie said and I grew rather curious at her words.

"Really Evie." Jacob said as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked away, walking towards an object before inspecting it. From what I could see, it was the gun that Kaylock used to scale the buildings.

"How was he more worried than you Evie?" I asked.

"He couldn't sit still and kept pacing back and forth of the train. He even wanted to go and see you in the hospital, but I told him that Henry was there and that you would be up and running before we know it. Honestly, his pacing gave me a headache, considering he is usually lounging around, not doing a damn thing while I'm the one doing everything. Unless, it's a fight, then he would be up and fighting." She replied.

"I hadn't realised he was that worried." I couldn't help but giggle at the thought, honestly feeling rather touched that he cared so much.

"Worried? More like scared."

"Don't worry, everything's alright. But I digress, I'm fine now. I just need to be mindful of what I do so I don't hurt myself anymore. So, for the time being, I shall be off duties so I can fully recover. There's no point charging into any fights anytime soon, I'll just hurt myself even more."

"That's a good idea. Now then, I would like to follow up a lead on..." She suddenly stopped talking as she saw that Jacob wasn't paying any attention. "Jacob, this is serious."

"I'm not doing anything until this gets fixed." He simply replied as he continued looking at it. Henry, who had been quiet the whole time, walked over and said,

"I believe I know someone who can help with that."

"I knew you would Greenie." Was all Jacob said before he went back to inspecting the gun.

"You certainly have a lot of connections Henry, is it any wonder that you know exactly who to go to when you need something done?" I said, rather impressed.

"Without connections, how would I be able to do the things I've been able to do?" He said.

"Well then, lead the way Henry. The sooner we get this done, the better." Evie said.

"We just need to stay on the train until we get to Lambeth, then we only have to walk a little bit  before arriving to where we need to be." With that, nothing else was said as we waited for our stop.

Authors note: I'm so sorry for the long wait for an update, I hope this makes up for it. I'm trying my best to update more often, so please bare with me. Once again, I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long.