Chapter 48 - Remembering who I am

Images upon images flash through my mind, the pain becoming more intense with each passing second. I fell to my knees as everything came rushing back.

Flashback (1)

"(Name)," A man I recognise as George said to me before I cut him off.

"I'm sorry George, but no matter what you say, it will not change my mind. I can't just ignore this, and I'm not going to wait for the council either." I could see the defeated look in his eyes.

"There's just no stopping you, is there?"

"No, there is not. Come on George, I'm an assassin, one who was trained by you for many years. It's my obligation to help those who are apart of the Creed. No matter the cost, no matter the risk, I will do what must be done, what needs to be done."

"You always were a stubborn woman, just like your mother." He whispered, and I could hear the sadness in his voice.

Flashback (2)

"My, that is quite the skill you possess." Someone spoke an I turned around, seeing a man, with black hair and brown eyes, standing there.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Henry Green. Judging by your weapons and skill, you're an assassin, like me."

"That's right. My name is (Name) (Last name) and I've just recently arrived from Croydon. I've heard that London is in desperate need of help, so I'm here to assist in anyway I can.

Flashback (3)

"Where did you disappear off to, Greenie?" A very familiar man asked.

"Jacob." A familiar woman said.

"It's alright, Evie." Henry said. "It was a good thing I went out actually. I happen to have stumbled upon another assassin."

"Really, then where are they?" Jacob said as I stayed hidden. Henry began to look around and, after sometime, his eyes found mine. I lifted a finger to my lips, signalling for him to be quiet. He gave a slight nod and turned towards Jacob and Evie.

"Don't worry, you'll meet her soon enough." As he spoke, I made my way very, very quietly, behind the twins, waiting for the right time to make my presence known.

"At least we have more help now." I decided that now would be the time to introduce myself.

"That you do." The twins jumped at the sound of my voice and turned around.

"How long have you been standing there?" Jacob said as he placed a hand on his chest.

"More like how did we not notice you were there?" Evie said.

"Stealth is something I mastered at a young age, I've had plenty of time to practice and to perfect. Anyway, nice to meet you Jacob and Evie Frye, my name is (Name)."

Flashback (4)

"Ok, now you're scaring me love." Jacob said.

"Good. What kind of assassin would I be if I don't happen to have people fear me every now and then?" I said.

"I'm just going to try and stay on your good side from now on. I believe that would be the best thing to do." I couldn't help but find this very entertaining, how Jacob seems to be actually afraid right now.