Chapter 26 - Oblivious

Hey guys, I am so sorry that it's been some time since I've updated, just got a bit busy that's all. Though, I'm afraid that's no excuse since all you've wonderful readers have been patiently waiting for the next update. I just wanted to say a quick sorry and a big thank you to all of you that have stuck by this story. You all keep me inspired and motivated to write and I hope you stick around for more. Don't be afraid to comment and let me know what you all think about the story so far. Now, without further ado, I give you the new chapter.

Jacob's POV

"Whatever I thought could've been was no more than a simple dream." She all but whispered before brushing past me and out of the carriage, most likely leaving the train as well. All I could do was stand there in shock, trying to process just what happened, instead of running after her. 'What just happened?' I thought as I stood all alone in the carriage. 'She can't possibly mean what she said. There's no way she would just leave after all of this, she just can't.' I shook my head as I refused to believe what she said, wanting to believe that she will stay once we're done with Starrick, that she would stay with us, that she would stay with me. Unfortunately, her words sounded damn sure when she spoke, causing my heart to break at the mere thought of her not being here.

"Jacob?" I heard the voice of my sister call out after a few moments of silence. I slowly turned around and, as best as I can, gave her a forced smile, though I knew she could tell that it was nothing more than fake. I could see the sympathy in her eyes, even though she didn't know what happened just moments before.

"Well," I begin to say as I drop the smile, letting a frown take over instead. "That was not what I was expecting, not at all."

"What happened? I just saw (Name) run out of the train and, it looked like she was crying." My heart broke a little more at the fact that (Name) was crying, but it's not like I can do a thing about it. Quickly dismissing the fact, and not wanting to explain what really happened, I decided to ask her a question.

"Evie, did (Name) ever mention anything about leaving once all of this is done? Once we've reclaimed London from Starrick?" I could see from the confused look in her eyes that (Name) had never once mentioned the possibility of leaving, meaning that she made the decision not that long ago.

"What are you talking about, Jacob? Since when has (Name) decided to leave?"

"Must be just recently if you haven't heard about it. Before leaving, she mentioned that she will be leaving once all of this is done, stating that we won't need her anymore."

"That's ridiculous. Once all this is done, it doesn't mean that she shouldn't stick around. Please tell me that you tried to stop her." I could hear a slight pleading tone in her voice, causing me to look to the ground in frustration as I said,

"I couldn't say a damn thing because she left. She wouldn't let me say much of anything, as if her mind has been made up about something, and that nothing could change her decision. Now, she is gone and I don't know where the bloody hell she could be, nor do I have any idea what is going through her mind right now." I clenched my fist as all I could feel in this moment was nothing but frustration, wanting nothing more than to run out of the train, find her and bring her back here, back to me.

"Did she say anything else?" It was quiet as I recalled her last words to me before she ran out.

"She whispered one last thing before she left."

"What was it?"

"Whatever I thought could've been was no more than a simple dream. What was she talking about?" Those words of hers has me really confused, I just can't figure out what she means.