Chapter 34 - A Spot of Tea (Part 2)

It wasn't long before two Blighters had shown up and approached the cart that I had marked.

"Protect these crates. Any mistake will cost you dearly." The first one said.

"Keep your knickers on. We hear ya." The second one said.

"Good. Because I ain't repeating myself." Was the last thing that was said before one of them took hold of the reins and begin leaving the area.

"It's a shame I can't stop in for a pint..." I said after letting out a sigh and begin tailing them. I stuck as close to them as I could while scaling along the buildings, making sure to not get spotted. "Damn this fog." I mumbled out. It wasn't long before the cart stopped where two more Blighters seemed to be waiting.

"Move on. We'll keep an eyes on you." The first one said.

"Keep quiet!" The second one said rather loudly.

"Watch the road!" Said the Blighter sitting besides the one driving.

"I bet Greenie's tailing Evie right about now. Good luck." I mumbled again, a little annoyed before continuing. "My dear sister thinks I'm destroying things...I'll show her how I settle accounts." It wasn't long before the cart stopped once again. It was here that the two Blighters driving it left and another man took over.

"Templars." I said as I looked closely at the outfit. As soon as he took over the reins, he was off to whatever his destination seemed to be. "Ah yes, lead me to Mr. Plutus." After turning so many corners, the cart had stopped once again.

"The weapons are here!" The Blighter waiting said.

"Same routine as before. Twopenny opens the vault, we robs it and leaves the money in his storehouse. Look sharp, the boys are waiting." The Templar said while handing the reins over to the Blighter.

"To the Bank of England! Yeah!" He shook the reins and off they went.

"Plutus is Twopenny." Finally knowing who my next target is, I walked off and thought about just how to assassinate him.

End of POV

My chest begins to hurt a I continued running, hoping that the strange, yet familiar, man is no longer chasing me. I took the risk of glancing back and sae that he was no longer following me. With that discovery, I stopped running and placed my hand on my chest, taking a few deep breaths to even out my breathing. 'Jacob Frye huh? Why are you so familiar to me? Just how do you know my name? Who am I to you? Who are you to me?' These questions run through my head as I place my back against the wall and slide down to the ground, trying so hard to find the answers to these questions. 'Perhaps....father would know something? Maybe I should ask him and see just who this Frye person is and what could he possibly want with me.' With that thought, I got up from the ground and made my way back home.

Time skip

I had finally reached home, suddenly feeling very exhausted.

"(Name), is that you?" I heard my father ask.

"Yeah, it's me."

"Oh, thank goodness you're back safe and sound. I was worried about you."

"Everything is fine father...at least, I think it is." I noticed the look in his eyes and knew he was curious about what I said.

"Is something on your mind?"

"Well..." I begin, slightly hesitating. He waited for me to continue, not forcing me to speak. "There's this man I happened to run into. He...he seemed to have known my name unless he was speaking about another (Name). But, for some reason, he looked familiar to me. I don't know what it is about him, but something about him drew me in. Should I....should I know just who he is?'

"What was his name?" He seemed rather intrigued by what I said, though I don't understand why.

"Jacob Frye." I saw his eyes widen for just a moment but didn't think too much of it. "Thinking back on all my memories, I don't seem to recall ever meeting this man. Yet there is something familiar about him. Father, should I know this man?" I looked up at him in confusion, needing answers.

"(Name)...for the sake of my sanity, please stay away from that man."

"Just who is he? And why does he seem familiar?"

"He's a bad man, that's all you need to know. I am unsure as to why he seems familiar, but I can assure you he was talking about a different (Name)." For some reason, I felt as if he was lying, but brushed the thought aside, thinking he would never lie to me.

"But...what if I run into him again?"

"Whenever you leave this house, please take one of my men with you. They will protect you at all cost and make sure nothing happens to you."

"Father, you're starting to scare me. Just what is going on?"

"Listen, there are people out there that are like this Jacob Frye, who kill for a living and stop at nothing to achieve their goal. I've already lost your mother, I can't bare to lose you too. Please, if you ever encounter this man again, run away from him and never look back." Something in me had me wanting to find Jacob and seek answers to my questions, while another part of me tells me to listen to my father and stay well away from this man. Do I trust the side that wants me to know more, or do I simply obey in order to be safe?