France x Male Reader

A tale of past lovers

France's POV.

We where sitting at the table talking all of us. Alfred and Arthur had just started dating, and we where talking about past lovers. I myself have had a couple. But one special came to mind. As I was thinking about him Gilbert shouted across the room. "Francis, come on! You've had a couple, tell a story!" I looked up, eyes on me. I cleared my throat. "Sure i've had a couple, but I-" I was interrupted by another of the countries. "Come on Francis! Tell us about your true love! It's so romantic!" Antonio said almost spellbound. "I guess I could.." I said thinking back about the time we where together. Antonio was right, he was my true love. Thats why I never got over him. "His name was (Y/N)" I started out. "He was absolutely amazing. I was sure I would marry him one day" I thought back. It was a couple years ago now. "But let me tell you about how we met first".

*Flashback*

I was walking a round the beautiful city of Paris, France. I was just walking there enjoying how lovely the weather was that day. That was until I was interrupted, when a young man bumped into me. "I'm so *cough*

sorry, I was just heading home and I didn't see you there and *cough*-" He stopped talking and began to cough like nuts. "Sir, are you okay?" I asked him. He finished his coughs and looked and me and his beautiful (E/C) orbs met my ocean blue ones. "I'm fine" he said, sounding like he was trying to convince himself and not me. He started walking again and I did so as well. I thought about his beautiful (E/C) and his (H/L) (H/C) hair, and how I was stupid to not ask for his name. 

Suddenly someone started screaming. I who was before in peace, hurried around to see what had happened, only to find the man I had just talked to laying on the ground eerily quiet. I hurried to him and fell to the ground holding his head firmly as the lady I had heard scream called an ambulance. You could see the shock in his eyes, and I knew that even he did not know what was happening at the moment. "Just look at me, sir" I said trying to calm the poor man down. At that moment a tear escaped his eyes, as they shot, so that I could no longer see his (E/C) eyes. 

The ambulance had just arrived and it all happened so quickly."Sir, do you know this man" one of the men from the ambulance asked. I didn't hesitate to tell the man that I knew him, just because I couldn't help myself to not end up knowing what happened to the man. As I was told to go sit in the ambulance with him, the man I spoke to earlier started asking questions like what my relation was to him. 

Since I heard that he was clearly (nationality) so I couldn't tell him we where brothers, so I ended up telling him I was his boyfriend. 

When we arrived at the hospital, the fuss started again. He needed to be looked at quickly by a doctor or, we could loose him, was what they told me. When I was finally allowed to see him, he was laying with tubes up his nose and down his throat. 'Poor guy' I thought. The doctor came in and told me about his condition, and that I as his only family was was hospitalized with him. He also told me that he would be waking up soon. 

They didn't tell me his name, as they assumed I as his 'boyfriend' of course already knew. 

So I sat down waiting. Hours went by, and he was still just laying there. I started talking a bit wondering if he could hear me. He probably couldn't. "I'm sorry for what happened to you.." I started out. The doctors had told me, that maybe by hearing the voice of someone he had dear would help him wake up. I tried talking, but I already knew why it wasn't working. This man didn't hold me dear. To him I was simply just a stranger he bumped into. It started getting dark, so a couple of nurse came in with an extra bed for me to sleep in. Hours passed. It was almost midnight and I still wasn't asleep. That's when a voice was heard in the room. "I-I'm sorry too.." It was almost a whisper, and I knew I was supposed to call a nurse if he woke up, but by the look his terrified eyes send me, I decided not to. "W-Where am I-I?" He spoke again this time a bit louder. I looked at him. The poor guy was crying and he looked so scared. "You're at the hospital" I quietly spoke, sending him a warm smile trying to comfort him from here. What I really wanted to do was go give him a hug and tell him everything was going to be okay, but it may just scare him even more and that would not have been the intention.