Russia x Shy!Asthmatic!Anxious!Male Reader (Fluff)

You were walking down the street, making your way to a nearby café. You had been planning to meet up with an old friend of yours and you were meeting today.

If you had to be honest you were actually quite nervous. Your anxiety had been popping up when you'd think about meeting him. Ivan was an old friend of course, so you had met him before, but the thought of going out in public and meeting him again after so long time almost made you shaky.

You were finally at the café and you could see Ivan inside. He had gotten taller, bigger in general, than what he was in high school. He had ordered what looked like coffee and while he was waiting for you, he was knitting. You remembered that he started doing that in high school, but he would always get mad and throw it away when he couldn't do it just right.

You giggled a little at the thought, before pushing in the door. You could hear a little clock beam when it touched the top of the door, causing the people in the shop to look up from whatever they had been doing before and up at the door. Most of the people quickly looked away again, but it only took moments for Ivan to recognise you. He put down his yarn and knitting needles, before sending you a welcoming smile. "(M/N)!" Ivan beamed at you as he got up from his table. You walked towards him and was quickly engulfed in a big hug. Ivan held onto you, as you slowly started awkwardly hugging back. "How nice of you to join me here today" Ivan told with a smile as he finally let go of you. You gave him a small smile back, as he showed you back to your table.

The table was in the corner of the café, light from the outside shining down on the table. On the table itself was of course Ivan's yarn and what looked like a scarf. Another scarf. There was also two cups. One with coffee and another with (Favourite hot drink). Ivan sat down, looking up at you. "If I remembered correctly, you like (Favourite hot drink), yes?" He asked as he looked at both you and the cup.

You nodded as you sat down in front of your friend. "I-I do, thank you Ivan" You told, slightly stuttering. Ivan had been looking at you for a while, his warm usual smile still plastered on his face.

Even though you hadn't talked for quite a while it was very nice to finally see Ivan again. Last time you saw him you tried asking him out but got anxious and chickened out. You couldn't bear to look at your friend ever since, so you stopped talking all together. Until just recent when Ivan had found you on his friend list and had texted you. The two of you had texted a little back and fourth, calling when you felt especially brave.

You looked into the deep almost purple eyes. Russia took a sip of his coffee before looking at you with yet another smile. His hands were laying on each side of his cup, just next to yours. You could feel Ivans thumb slowly going over the tip of your pointer finger, brushing light circles. "I'm very glad you decided to go on this date with me, дорогой" Ivan told, smiling as you let a slight blush run over your cheeks. Neither of you had decided it was a date, but apparently the Russian saw it as one. You didn't mind of course, you still had a small crush on him after all. "W-Well of course, Ivan. It was very nice of you to, uh" You stopped yourself before thinking about how to phrase your sentence. "..invite me out" You told, as you look a little down at your lap. You weren't completely sure why the Russian that sat at the other side of table was making you feel like this. Your heart was fluttering and your breathing was getting a little uneasy. You didn't think much of it as your asthma usually wouldn't act up.

You couldn't help but give it a little thought though. It was a new feeling for you after all. Ivan chuckled a little as he took yet another sip at his coffee. "You should drink it before it gets cold" Ivan noted, making you look at the drink in front of you. You had barely touched it and of course you didn't wish to waste Ivans money. "Y-Yes, of course" You told as you picked up the cup, taking two rather large sips. You burned your tongue a little causing you to choke on your last gulp as you pulled the cup away from your mouth, putting it down on the table in front of you.

It only took you a moment before you started coughing rather loudly. You had your body leaned away from the table as you coughed. You hit your chest lightly and then again a little harder. The coughs slowly started getting to their end, but as they finally finished your throat was very dry, causing you to have a slightly hard time to breathe.

While all this had been going on Ivan had run to the cashier, fixing you a glass of water that he came running back with. "Drink this.. here you go" Ivan said as he let the water to your lips. You drank a little before pointing to your pocket, making Ivan look. After a couple of seconds of going through your pocket, he finally found what he had been looking for.

He knew, back from high school, about your asthma, so he quickly found your inhalator. He took the small thing, placing it in your hand. You quickly brought it to your mouth, pushing the button at the end. Shortly after your breathing became more regular and both you and Ivan sat back down. You awkwardly looked at your feet, not wanting to make eye contact with the sweetheart in front of you. "I'm very, curgh!, sorry about that" You mumbled a cough in between the sentence. You had even spilled your (Favourite hot drink) all over the table in the making of trying to get air to your lungs. "It's just fine" Ivan said with a smile as he picked up your hand placing it in his. "Do you want to get back to my place? There won't be anyone home beside of us, so you don't have to worry" The Russian asked, making you nod. It was nice that Ivan thought of your anxiety. You picked up your jacket, pulling it over your shoulders, Ivan doing the same. Ivan also packed away his yarn and needles, putting them into the bag he brought it here in.

Soon after he walked over to you, grabbing your hand in his as he started walking out of the café, your head on his shoulder.

1.173 words for this one shot.

I hope it's alright. I don't really know a lot about asthma besides the fact that my little brother had it when he was younger, so I hope you guys like it. It was requested by happyspacegay so I hope they like it.

Until next time;

Lots of Hugs, Alex <3