Denmark x Male Reader (Imaginary Friend AU; Kinda Angsty?)

(M/N) sat in the corner of his room, babbling off to basically no one, although also hugging close a small wooden copy of a viking axe. His favourite toy. The eight year old had gotten it from his mother when he was younger after a request by the young boy himself. Around his fifth birthday, the small boy had been completely captivated, his eyes shining at each sight of anything that just reminded him of the small obsession. (M/N) was a normal boy, if you took away the part about him being inside most of the day.

At least, that was how it was before he met him. Matthias. Matthias was his best friend, the two did everything together. And even though Matthias was a few years older than (M/N), he was just as obsessed with vikings as (M/N).

When Matthias came around, he dragged (M/N) outside, the boy happily going out and fighting with the other, axes and swords swung as well as the sound of heavy armour clinging together being heard all around the garden.

(M/N) would play late and giggle happily and only ever leave Matthias' side when going to bed, because of course Matthias lived far away. It was a shame really. Although (M/N)'s mother was happy to see her son playing happily in the garden, not noticing who he was with.

(M/N)'s parents worked a lot, his father almost never being home and his mother always being busy. There was always a new phone call to make, a new client to visit or a new deal to sign. Although (M/N) didn't mind.

He had Matthias, after all.

A happy blonde boy who would always be there to play with him, whenever he wanted to play. Which by now was often. Matthias went to (M/N)'s school too, so it was easy for the two to play together in the breaks, having even more fun than any of the other children. The other children didn't like (M/N) nor Matthias. They thought it was weird.

And even though, (M/N) shrugged it off, he didn't care for such silly things.

None of his classmates were that interesting anyways. They liked soccer and ponies and listening in class, something that (M/N) for some reason just couldn't get into. It wasn't because he hadn't tried. He remember clearly when he did. The small (Brunette, Blonde, Ginger, Crimsonette, Ravenette..) boy had tried telling Matthias that it was time for them to stop playing all the time. It was very weird and for a few weeks (M/N) tried playing soccer with the other boys from his class and it gave him this weird feeling that Matthias was no longer there.

The blonde wasn't coming to school and (M/N) was getting very worried. His mother told him it was nothing and petted him on the head and simply told him to go play in the garden.

(M/N) had followed his mothers order, walking to the garden with a frown, his usually good posture now turned into a sulk instead. The (H/C) haired boy had sat down in the corner of the garden, looking up at the sky, before falling over and down in the slightly wet grass and closing his eyes as the sun was shining directly into his eyes. Although a few seconds later he felt a shadow go over the sun, almost as if someone was standing in the way and shielding the smaller boy from the sharp rays.

"Hello, (M/N)! How have you been? Was it fun playing soccer?" A soft voice asked, making (M/N) reopen his eyes and smile widely, giggling a little as he looked up.

(M/N) was met with beautiful, almost crystal blue eyes looking back down in his own deep (E/C) eyes, the sun making them shine a little as his face was filled with happiness. Because of his friend returning.

"Matthias!" (M/N) told happily, smiling at Matthias, before sitting properly up at the male and humming, clapping his hands together and looking up at the ten year old.