Country!America x Human!Male Reader (Angst)

'Sometimes, I would look at him and I would imagine what it would had been like if he hadn't been human. Or if I hadn't been a country. It was dumb and I knew it. He wouldn't look back, barely acknowledge me. At times I thought he'd forgotten all about me,' The page started, Alfred himself chuckling slightly at the memory. He had just pulled out an old diary, the writing difficult to read, even though he had been the one to write it in the first place.

Truly, a lot of time had gone by since he wrote in that diary.

Alfred sighed as he looked down at the sheets that had once been apart of a larger book. "God.. Why am I even reading this?" He muttered to himself as he relocated his gaze to where he had left off.

-

(M/N) smiled widely as he skipped up to the unknown boy, curious stopping in front of Alfred himself. "What's your name? I'm (M/N)!" He chirped happily, making Alfred huff a bit. He sighed, looking at the younger boy with a scowl, his thin, blonde brows furrowing a bit at the excitement on the younger boys face. He knew the expression far too well.

"I don't make friends with humans. It's dumb," Alfred told with crossed arms, only causing the twelve year old in front of him to giggle, rather innocently as he flashed the stranger another smile, as if they had known each other forever. "What are you supposed to be then? You're really silly, you know?" The (Brunette, Blonde, Ravenette, Ginger, Crimsonette..) hummed as he looked up at Alfred. Said boy let out a sigh, rubbing his face as he pushed a distant memory back. "My names Alfred. Now go away.." He muttered, only making (M/N) clap his hands together in excitement.

"Really? That's a pretty name! Do you like flowers, Alfred? I like flowers? Well, actually I love flowers! I wanna be a gardener when I grow up! What do you wanna be when you grow up, Alfred?" (M/N) asked away, seemingly never allowing his mouth to stop as he continued to blabber away. He soon paused as he made a deep sigh, having to regain his breath after talking so much. "Which one is your favourite?" (M/N) asked, looking into his small basket of flowers before turning to Alfred who seemed a bit distracted, staring straight into nothing, causing (M/N) to tuck on his sleeve, making Alfred turn his attention towards said boy.

"I like blue daisies. My favourite is Felicia Amelloides and you won't have any in your stupid little basket. Now leave me alone."

-

'He used to visit me every day, not even caring about stupid England who would always bother us. He was so dumb and he didn't even know it. He would offer me his dumb flowers and he would make me smile and stuff like that.. He'd make my stomach tumble and he'd make my cheeks go red and I'd hate myself for turning him away.

He was so dumb.

He'd smile at me like nothing was wrong.. He was so dumb.'

Alfred paused as he looked down at the page, allowing his thumb to brush over it, sighing softly. "I was the dumb one. I am the dumb one.." He muttered, rubbing his face a bit. "I'm so fucking dumb.." He groaned, leaning back in his bed, the dim light making it slightly harder to read the already old diary entry. Alfred sighed again, taking off his glasses and briefly rubbing them clean, replacing them and glaring down at the paper again.

-

"Alfred! Alfred!!" (M/N) jumped as he knocked on the door, smiling happily. In his hands he held a small bouquet, his smile widening as he watched them. The twenty something year old had spend years getting those flowers, indeed becoming a gardener as he had promised Alfred a few years back. Although that wasn't the only thing that had changed about the male. Instead of his usually careless attire, he was in a uniform.