Iceland x Ghost!Male Reader

Emil had been sitting alone for some days. Of course the other Nordics were home, but after he and the others had talked the other day, you could say things were kind of weird. Not much out of the usual, but still. 

"Why are you always so cold?" Matthias had asked.

  Emil didn't consider himself cold. Not at all if he had to be honest with himself. 'I'm simply wondering, about.. stuff' Emil would tell himself. But what was he really wondering about.  He had been wondering about feeling small pecks on his cheeks when he would lay in his bed at night, alone and crying his eyes out. Just because he felt so unsure. What wasn't there to be unsure about, all the other Nordics knew who they were. Both as a country and as a person. They didn't seem to struggle at all, nothing like emil at least. 

But Emil would hear sweet nothings in his ear from time to time, and he would feel the softness of what he thought was the wind.

It was so unknown, so small and so minor, but yet it was what stopped Emil from crying. Because it was comforting. As if a sweetheart were hugging him from behind and telling him it would be okay, everything. A sweet nothing that was telling him that he was okay, and that it was okay, to not feel okay. 

Emil couldn't think about anything else. It would keep him up at night, at least as much as it granted him to be awake, because whatever this was it was making sure Emil was alright. That he would eat, even if it was just a little liquorice. That he would sleep, even if it was just a few dreamless hours. It would make sure he showered, even when he didn't want to, but it would always leave him for the moment it took for Emil to get under the water because it respected his privacy. 

It would place a warm towel and a set of sleeping wear on the toilet. And it would make Emil convince himself that he placed it there himself, but that he had been too lost in thought to realise. 

And sometimes when Emil felt especially down, it would make the bed, and lay down beside of Emil and let the smaller boy snuggle into his chest. And Emil would try to hug it, because he could feel it, right against his skin. And he would sob a little, for the sole reason that he couldn't touch whatever this was. And of course it would comfort him, because it didn't want to cause him pain. Of course it didn't want that, it was protecting Emil, it was taking care of him in such a way that the others somewhat failed to do. 

Emil had moved himself from the corner of his room to his bed. He sat down, the sweater he was wearing, snuggling onto him as a tight hug would, keeping him secure. 

Emil was thinking. Wondering too. 

He was going to dinner with his family soon, Tino's welcoming voice being heard, follow the walls, up the stairs and right under Emil's door and into his room. "Dinner is ready" The voice said. "Please come down Emil. We miss your company" The voice explained and Emil could hear that the voice was closer, preferably right outside the door. Right outside his door. Out there was the person, who's voice is welcoming, sweet and clear. The voice of a person, who loved him and cared. It was the first time in some time that someone had gone upstairs to his room. 

It wasn't because they wouldn't talk to him. They really did. But at some point they just stopped coming, because they could feel a certain coldness outside Emil's door. And it made them feel not welcome. They didn't know it was it that was trying to keep Emil safe. But safe from what, exactly? 

Who knows? It does. It knows. 

If it didn't know, why would it do it?

Emil believed it had a reason, so he didn't think much of it. "I'll be down" Emil said, smiling a little to himself. The air had kissed him and he was blushing. The footsteps of Tino leaving could be heard, a small sigh following. Emil did go downstairs. He sat on the end chair, and he ate some peas. He ate some beans as well, but as he could feel the vegetable flow down his throat, he heard Matthias' voice fill the air. His somewhat raspy voice, a small cold could be heard. He was speaking as if nothing was wrong. And of course to him nothing was wrong. And in reality nothing was really wrong for Emil either.