Daddy!France x Child!Male Reader

Also you're like 10-15 years old (depending on what you find sooting)

You woke up again in the middle of the night. You kept hearing sobs and you knew they were coming from your Papa. You see, your mother had just left you, and Francis was heartbroken. The first weeks would be the worst. At least that's what you were told. It wasn't really that difficult for you to deal with, since you understood what had happened. Your mother, Alice, had cheated on you Papa with another man she knew from work. As far as you know your mother is now living with this man and she doesn't really wish to see either of you. It only got hard when he started drinking. Sure he had some glasses of wine here and there, but you didn't think it would be really serious. That was until he one day came home and threw up as over the floor, his eyes red and puffy, one of them blue probably because he had said something stupid to the wrong person at the bar. You had been in the middle of dinner, when you had to call Gilbert and Antonio for backup.

That was the day you realised how much your mothers stupidity affected your father. You had always been a Papas boy, which made it even harder for you to see your beloved father like this.

You got out of bed and wandered around your room to find a light switch. When you finally found one, you made your way out the door and down stairs to your fathers room. You stood in front of his door for a couple of seconds, before knocking. You then heard some sniffling and moments after the door opened. You looked up at your father, to see his yet again red and puffy eyes. They were still a bit watery. "Why are you crying Papa?" you asked even though you already knew the answer. Francis then opened his door a bit more, so you could get inside the room with him. "Oh Mon Cher, it's really nothing, you should go back to bed it's very late" He said and then pointed to the window where you could see the black sky. "It's already dark outside" He smirks a little.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me why you're crying, papa" You said with a stoic face looking at your farther who just sat down on the edge of his bed. "Of course your not.. Your just like your mother.." He almost spat the last part. He sounded both sad, angry and heartbroken at the same time. "Is that a bad thing, papa?" You asked a bit confused. You then sat down on the bed beside Francis.

"No.. Not at all" Francis looked down, and was a bit hesitant. "Your mother is awesome and she is very caring and that is why I am crying" He said and fell down onto the bed, now laying down. "It's because I miss her. A lot"

"Uncle Gilbert is also awesome, right?" You asked "And uncle Antonio is also very caring, isn't that true?" You looked at your father once again. "They definitely are, but your mother was different" He stated, and kept looking at the ceiling. "But I am both awesome and caring and I also have both the charm of a brit and a frenchman. Does that make me different too?" You were now looking at the ceiling as well. "Yeah it does, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing"

A couple of minutes went by and small snores was heard. They were belonging to you, who had fallen asleep.

Francis couldn't help but smile at the look of you. And even though he was heartbroken, he had you. And even though you couldn't do much, you were always there and you loved him. And Francis appreciated that.

Soon after, Francis decided to let you sleep in his bed. He then moved you a little so that he could be there as well. After the readjustments were done Francis laid down in bed next to you, only to fall asleep.

Usually you would kick of your comforter and so you did this time, which resulted in you seeking heat at Francis. So you woke up half on top of Francis snuggled into his chest. It was adorable.

This hasn't been requested, but I thought was a cute idea and I wanted to share some positivity.

The word count is 716 words.

ALSO I just started RolePlaying, so if anyone is interested, please fell free to message me!

Until next time;

Lots of Hugs, Alex <3