Are You Jealous?

"So you're in bed with Matty?"

I sent the text upon watching my boyfriend and his band mate act like children. Adam using his phone to record a snapchat of him and Matty laying on the seats of the jet we were currently aboard. I watched from a few seats away as Hann looked down at his phone reading the text Id just sent him. A small chuckle leaving him as he began to type a reply. He looked over in my direction, smile still adorning his face, as my phone vibrated in my lap.

"Are you jealous?"

Smiling myself, accompanying a slight eye-roll at his subtly arrogant tone, I typed back.

"Jealous of Matty? Not at all. Jealous that he gets to sit beside you on this flight? Maybe a little."

Sending the text I looked in his direction to see him and Matty both turned talking to whomever was seated behind them. The way this private jet the boys had the luxury of using for tour was set up was the boys, their manager, and a few others were up front where the 'first class' would be while there were seats for the rest of the crew in where 'coach' would be. Although there was no barrier separating the two, we could openly see the boys as they could us. Having only just joined the boys in their recent stop a sort of seating arrangement had already been mentally established. So I found myself in a row alone, with a view of Adam. So close yet still so far.

Returning to my phone, no notifications appeared on my screen so I unlocked it and went back to my music app. Upon shuffling the newest album by Blood Orange I felt the movement of someone sitting beside me. Looking up and simultaneously pulling a headphone out, I saw Adam smiling beside me.

"You look lonely." He buckled himself in even though we were high enough so that we could freely walk around the cabin.

"I am lonely. I'm sitting alone." I said, my tone playful yet serious. I was a big girl I could sit alone for the duration of a flight but would I like to sit next to my boyfriend I rarely saw; of course.

"Well you're not anymore." His tone just as playful. I noticed his eyebrow lift as it tended to when he was in a teasing mood.

"How thoughtful of you" I teasingly rolled my eyes. He moved the arm rest upward so it no longer lay between us before pulling me to his side. As much as I wanted to keep the facade up, being close to him broke me down. Caving, I lay my head on his chest, eyes closed, taking him in. His grip tightened on me as he squeezed me in a hugging manor. We didn't need words, that was the beauty of our relationship, we knew what the other was trying to say simply through their body language. He missed me as much as I missed him. Although we were confined to the jet seats, we got comfortable. I sat up as he moved to glance behind us. Adam said something to one of the crew guys before moving the seats so we were laying. Much like he was previously with Matty. Again, no words were spoken, he simply moved his arm welcoming me back to him.

"What are you listening to?" He reached for my other headphone that was hidden between us. Getting a hold of it and fixing it in his ear.

"The new Blood Orange album." I spoke into chest, eyes closed as I suddenly felt sleepy.

"Aw, I haven't heard it yet." He was suddenly intrigued, reaching for my phone as well to see the song title.

"It's really good." I used my thumb to unlock it, allowing him free reign over the music. We could've listened to guitar drones for all I cared (which for the record he's done before) I just enjoyed his company.

"Can I restart it?" He glanced at me, his finger hesitant over the back button. I nodded, to which he restarted the album from the beginning. The starting track completely capturing his attention, as his face so intensely taking in the new music captured mine.