Gotta Catch Em All

"Babe, slow down!" I shouted as I hurriedly ran after Adam as he was nose deep into his iPhone screen. I couldn't tell you where we were if I wanted to. All I know is we were in a park in Norway, not far from the venue where the boys were playing.

"Hurry, I don't want to lose it!" Adam responded, turning back quickly to make sure I was tagging behind. Ever since downloading the Pokemon Go app he'd become obsessed with it. It was a current war between all the boys. They'd been battling and trying to out do one another. I don't think I'd ever seen Adam leave a venue as much as he had since getting the app. It was rather amusing to say the least. His gamer at heart attitude was one of the many things I love about him.

As we continued walking, well Adam speed walking as I followed behind, I noticed we were approaching what looked like a pile of large rocks. Adam just went for it without any thought, climbing on the rocks. It was rather amusing the effect this app had on him. I held back, as I was not wearing the proper shoes to be climbing on rocks. Figuring I'd stay where I was until he was sorted and we'd move on to where ever the next Pokemon was located.

"You coming?" I looked up to see him staring down at me, now a lot taller than he usually is as he stood on the rocks. I opened my mouth to decline but he held his hand out to help me up so I just said fuck it and climbed up with him. As soon as I was up I immediately regretted my decision. The bottoms of my sandals having no traction whatsoever  made even standing straight a challenge as I could feel my feet sliding. Adam continued to move forward up the pile of rocks, now a good 4 to 5 in front of me. He must've found what he was looking for cause stopped and lifted his phone up to use the camera. Going to catch up with him, I not surprising lost my balance.

"Shit." I tried to move forward to the rock that seemed to have a flatter surface but as I put my right foot down, I landed on my ankle completely wrong. I felt the pain immediately and would've fallen forward had Adam not caught me.

"Are you alright?" Genuine concern in his tone as he gripped my arm to keep me up right.

"Yea, I just need to get off the rocks." He helped me as we moved off the rocks, his hand never leaving my arm. Once we were off the rocks and back on the grass I tried to stand thinking maybe I was fine. I wasn't.

"What is it?" Adam asked trying to figure out what was causing my face to grimace in pain. By now he was holding onto my forearm as I was his bicep. Trying to not stand on my right foot.

"I think I twisted my ankle." I looked at him feeling guilty for ruining his day.

"Can you walk?" His grip loosening to see if I'd be able to stand yet mine tightened. Shaking my head, I just looked at him as 'now what'.

"Cmon, I'll carry you back." He turned around, bending slighting insinuating he would give me a piggy back ride back to the venue.

"Adam, no it's-" I tried to protest even though we didn't have many options. He cut me off.

"Babe, just get on." Following his orders I climbed onto his back as best I could. He fixed his grip on my legs and we were set.

"You okay?" He asked as he moved onward, back to the venue. Wrapping my arms loosely around his neck, I nodded. Despite the fact my ankle was throbbing, this was nice. A piggy back ride with my boyfriend through a park.

"Do you think you could get my phone out of my pocket?" Adam interrupted my mental moment.

"Are you serious?" I asked knowing fully what he wanted me to do.

"We have the whole walk back, might at well. And I am carrying you the whole way, it's the least you could do." He glanced sideways trying to see my reaction.

"Put me down." I immediately wanted out. I didn't want him to feel like he had to do anything for me. And I was not about to catch Pokemon for him.

"I'm kidding, babe. I'm kidding. I'm sorry, forget it." He tightened his grip on my legs as to make sure I wouldn't get off. It was quiet for a moment as we just walked. A few people could be seen playing the game. Groups seated with their phones. Adam watched as we passed by like a puppy behind a glass. With a huff, I reached down into his jacket pocket to grab his phone.

"You're the best." He smiled as he pecked my cheek.

"Yea, yea, just keep walking." I rolled my eyes as I opened the app. The entire walk back to the venue turned into a series of 'turn here', and 'wait go back'. We managed to catch 3 Pokemon and I hate to say it but I could see why he was so obsessed with this game. We even managed to catch a pikachu, I only know that because it's the only one I know by name. Trying to avoid the queue of girls we went around the back. Immediately, Mark greeted us and led us back to the dressing room.

"There you guys are, are you okay?" Ross asked as we entered the dressing room. Adam had put me down so I limbed over to the couch.

"I think I sprained my ankle." I watched as Adam went over to the first aid kit and grabbed an ice pack. Breaking the ice and shaking it to make it cold.

"You and that fucking Pokemon game." Ross rolled his eyes, laughing as he knew why we had left. Adam pulled over a chair and sat in front of me. Putting my foot in his lap, he carefully applied the ice to my now very swollen ankle.

"Did you get any good ones?" George asked, looking up from his phone. Adam nodded but didn't say which ones. The war between the boys and this app was the most amusing thing I'd seen. They wouldn't say just which Pokemon they'd caught just to drive the other mad. It wasn't long after Adam mentioned that he'd caught a rare Pokemon that George and Matty were on their feet ready to leave. Mark having to tag along on the adventure.

"You guys are pathetic." Ross piped in as he signed a few CDs for that night's merch booth.

"Gotta catch em all." Adam chucked at himself as his attention was on my ankle. Ross and I just looking at each other before rolling our eyes and laughing ourselves.