Pet Store Adventures

With a loud sigh Adam fell beside me onto the bed of the hotel room we were currently in. The boys having an off day in the city they were booked to play tomorrow. It wasn't often I was on tour with him when he had an off day, and if he did it was usually a travel day. Hence we'd be on a bus or plane for hours then crash once we got to the next stop. Today was different, we were particularly awake and bored as the rest of the band and crew were enjoying being lazy.

"Find anything?" Adam asked, looking up at the ceiling with his hands folded across his stomach.

"I mean there's nothing really. A few Starbucks, a plaza but nothing worth wild. Oh wait!" Finally something of interest catching my eye in the list of things nearby.

"There's a pet store." I smiled excitedly, sitting up. Adam glanced at me just as quick. Our minds thinking the same thing.

"Do you want to go?" His eyes lit up. It was pathetic how excited a pet store made us.

"Way ahead of you." I said pulling my shoes on as he got off the bed to do the same. Within minutes we were out of the room heading to the elevator.

"How far is it?" Adam asked, pressing the down button. Pulling up the directions on my phone I quickly mapped our way to the pet store.

"15 minutes" I said glancing at him to which he nodded. I could see the faint smile in his lips. He was excited. The elevator came and we were on our way. It definitely didn't feel like it took 15 minutes to get to which was nice.

"Ah omg okay." I excitedly rambled as Adam opened the door to the pet store, allowing me to walk ahead. Immediately we were met by the sound of puppies barking.

"Aw, Adam, look!" I squealed, taking his hand and pulling him over to the glass where a small mix was standing on the glass greeting us.

"We should take one out." Adam glanced at me sideways, trying to act cool but I could visibly see his childish excitement over the puppies. We walked more into the store to see they had a lot more puppies the further you went in. Adam going ahead of me as I took the time to stop and look at every puppy that I passed.

"Mommy, mommy! I want this one!!" A little girl beside me tapped on the glass of the Pomeranian. The pure excitement in her face made me smile.

"Just a minute, sweetie. Let's look at all the dogs before you pick one." The girl's mother guided her away from the glass and onto the next dog. Adam's hand sliding its way into mine and lacing our fingers was what snapped my attention back.

"Find one?" His voice was so soft.

"I mean it's hard to choose just one." I motioned to the glass I was infront of which housed two Yorkie pups.

"I wanna show you this one." Adam said pulling me in the direction of the puppy. We stopped and he pointed to the one nestled in the corner in the bottom case. Letting go of my hand, Adam bent down and almost immediately the pup got up and went to the glass.

"I think it likes you." I smiled, reading the information plaque beside the pup. It stated it was an Irish Wolfhound, which happened to be Adam's favorite.

"Do you guys need help?" One of the employees asked me as Adam was intensely playing with the puppy that was now bouncing around and hitting the glass with its paws.

"Can we see this one, please?" I asked, Adam standing up beside me.

"Yes, of course." The girl said leading us to the room. She had us sign in on the clip board and sanitize our hands as she went to get the puppy. I sat down on the bench while Adam stood.

"Too excited to sit?" I teased.

"Shut up." He laughed.

"He's a little excited." The girl said struggling to open the gate door while holding the squirming pup. She placed him on the floor and he immediately ran to Adam, who was already bent down to the puppies level.

"Have fun." The worker said before leaving us alone with the dog. I sat and watched as Adam played with the puppy. There were a few toys scattered on the floor. Currently he had the rope in his hand as the pup pulled at the other end. Seeing the little girl earlier had thrown me for a loop. I was suddenly feeling so delicate. Puppies were what people got before they had kids. Kind of a testament to the relationship, how each other would be in a parental role. Even if that means parenting a dog. Sitting there, looking at Adam, I could see it. I could see myself having kids with him, starting a family.

"He's starting to calm down." Adam smiled, sitting on the floor as the puppy sat beside him chewing on the rope toy.

"Come here." Thinking he was talking to the dog I wasn't paying attention. Too lost in my 'way too serious for a pet store' thoughts.

"Babe." Looking at him now, he motioned to the floor. Getting off the bench I sat across from him. Upon noticing me the puppy ran over, toy in his mouth, tail wagging with excitement. Pulling gently at the toy, the pup starts to playfully growl.

"He's a feisty one." I smiled, glancing at Adam only to notice he was staring at me and not the dog.

"What?" I asked, the puppy pulling the toy from my hand completely and running into my lap.

"Nothing. Just admiring you." He smiled holding my gaze for a moment longer before tapping the floor to get the puppies attention. It ran back to Adam, sitting in his lap. Finally tuckered out, it gnawed on the toy. The buzz of Adam's phone against the floor made the puppy bark.

"Defensive. I like him." I joked as Adam answered his phone. Knowing what it was, the boys were probably looking for him as soundcheck was to start soon. We reluctantly gave the puppy back to the worker before heading back to the venue. The air was staring to cool down making the walk nice. Feeling the need to be closer than we were, I held onto Adam's bicep as we walked down the street.

"This was really nice, I'm glad we did this." I spoke as we approached a crosswalk. The red hand coming up telling up to stop.

"You know I'm a sucker for dogs." He said as we came to a halt at the corner. Adam turned to me taking me by complete surprise as he took my face in his hand and kissed me. It was so unexpected that chills ran up my spine. Pulling away, he kept his face close his beautiful blue eyes burning into mine.

"What was that for?" I whispered unable to speak any louder. My hand on his forearm as I didn't want his to leave my face.

"Just cause I love you." He smiled making my heart melt at his random act of affection.

"I love you too." I leaned in to peck his lips once more. The crosswalk beeped signaling it had changed from Do Not Walk to Walk and we did so hand in hand, not letting go of each other the whole way back.

A/N: I'm so sorry this is a mess. I thought I had an idea here but just ended up rambling. I may delete this. Feedback would be much appreciated and if you want a request I'm all ears! xx