"What Happened To Your Arm" // Adam

I couldn't help but wince as the wrong chord was struck and played through the speakers. The boys were in soundcheck yet Adam was seriously off today.

"Hann, cmon get it together." Matty tried, everyone starting to get annoyed. With a huff, Adam shook his arm out while glaring at Matty. They started the song again and Adam was able to make it through the riff. I could see he was struggling, the face he was making giving it away. He always made faces when he played but these were different. He was clearly in pain.

Getting to his solo, I watched biting my nails hoping he'd get it just so they could finish. The soundcheck having run a lot longer than usual. He was doing okay, however a few notes in and-

"For fuck sakes Hann!" Matty bellowed as the loud scratch of the wrong chords died out. I watched as Adam pulled the guitar off his shoulder and made his way over to the side stage. Shoving it in the direction of his tech who stood beside me, clearly not wanting anything to do with it.

"Hey, hey, hey." I caught him before he could run off. He looked passed me, a scowl on his face. His breathing deep, heavy and angry.

"Whats up with you? What happened to your arm?" I tried, out of genuine concern about him.

"Not you too." He barked taking it the wrong way. Reaching to grab his face so he would look at me I held it firm.

"You know I couldn't care less if you have a bad day. I'm not trying to criticize you, I want to make sure you're okay. Now what's going on?" With a sigh, he looked at me defeated. He shrugged followed by a look of discomfort.

Leading him by hand back to the dressing room it was moments until the EMT for the venue came in. I sat beside him and held his left hand as they examined his arm. Squeezing his hand here and there, the look on his face nearly heartbreaking. It wasn't long before there was an audience as the rest of the boys filed in along with Jamie and the rest of the crew.

"Does this hurt?" The EMT asked lifting Adam's right arm.

"It's a little uncomfortable." He said, watching the EMT like a hawk.

"How about this?" This time the EMT lifted his arm while simultaneously bending his elbow. The wince on his face giving the answer.

"Okay..." the EMT took notes before handing me an ice pack with a knowing look and a smile. Taking it, I switched sides to be able to hold it where he needed it.

"It'll be fine, babe." I tried to console as I held the ice to his elbow. I could tell he wasn't happy. Always wanting to perform his best during his shows anything that could be a set back put him in a mood. He gave me a sad smile, moving to kiss my forehead before listening to what was being said.

"So, he has a slight sprain in his elbow." The EMT was speaking to Jamie yet upon noticing how many people were staring at him moved to address the whole room.

"Maybe you should sit out tonight.." Matty tried. The look on Adam's face almost comical.

"Yea fucking right." He snapped, as if the idea was completely illogical.

"That won't be necessary." The EMT cut in.

"The show starts at what? 8? You have plenty of time to rest it, keep ice on it. You should get a brace and just take it easy when you're not playing but not babying it will help in the long run. Should be fine in two-three weeks." The EMT addressed Adam this time.

"So I can play?" Adam made sure to get a 'yes'.

"Yes, you can play the show tonight. If I thought you shouldn't I'd advise you not to. But there's no reason you shouldn't. Unless I mean you wanted to." He said before packing up his things and leaving the room.

"See I told you you'd be fine." I said having to switch hands as the ice was getting too cold.

"Here, I got it." He said, taking ahold of the pack.

"Glad you're okay, mate." Ross patted the top of Adam's head as he moved past. Everyone hung out until it got closer to show time. Adam iced his arm like a champ. He was so focused on being able to play the show I don't even think he cared how cold his hands were.

"Hey, babe." He said, placing the hand he used to hold the ice on my lower back as I went to get something from my bag. Gasping from the cold, I pushed him away.

"Asshole." I shook my head as he laughed. His spirits lifting as he was getting his confidence back. He'd been alternating between ice and playing songs on the guitar he kept with him in the dressing room. He's been able to hit all the notes he couldn't earlier.

"Ready?" Their security asked as we all moved towards the stage.

"You got this." I held Adam's face and kissed him before parting ways as everyone went for stage left where the main side stage hang out area was. However I got special treatment as Adam's guitar tech said I was always allowed on his side so I could watch. Honestly we had the best time during shows. We both watched with anticipation as the show started. Adam was doing well but as the solo approached we got nervous. Holding our breaths as he went for it. He hit every note to perfection. His tech and I cheered, and highfived out of excitement. We must've been really going cause we caught Adam's eye. He smiled and stuck his tongue out at us before finishing strong. The show nothing short of magical.

A/N:
Yay!! Hann kills the show. Nothing new let's be real.