"Be Gentle" // Adam

"Adam, can I hold her?" Little Julia's voice spoke out simultaneously pulling on Adam's pant leg.

My sister had gone on a trip for business. Her and her husband both constantly busy with work needed help with finding someone to watch her kids. It was actually Adam's idea, as we sat at the dining room table over Easter supper. Checking with him at least 4 more times to make sure before signing ourselves up for a few nights of playing house.

Hence the current situation; Adam cradling the newest addition to the family while I attempted to tucker out Jules. It actually wasn't bad if I do say so myself. Julia is a curious little girl, so many questions but not too rowdy and little Kenzie just wants to eat and cry (only when I hold her though, she seems to have a likely already to my little rockstar).

I glanced at Adam from my seat on the couch to see him giving me a nervous look. Unsure of what to say.

"Mommy let me do it once!" She pressed on, to which I noticed Adam raised his brow in skepticism.

"Come sit here, Jules."  Pat the seat beside me on the couch. Quick to respond she was beside me in a flash.

"Move all the way back and put your arms like this. " I scooted her so her back was against the back of the couch. Showing her how to put her arms, Adam moved closer.

"You have to be gentle, okay?" His soft voice instructed. With a wide smile Julia nodded, awaiting to hold her younger sister. Adam carefully placed the 6 month old  into Julia's arms. He then stayed there, in front of her, eyes glued to the baby.

"Make sure you hold her head up."  I kept my voice soft careful not to make Julia nervous.

"I could get used to this." Adam said moving to sit beside me. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well you're more than welcome to babysit whenever you'd like." I moved so I was resting against him. Still watching Julia who looked content, sing a song I didn't recognize to her sleeping sibling.