You Look Shit

The sound of my phone ringing pulled me from the heated stare I was having with the cough syrup in the medicine aisle. With a sigh, I answered without looking. I knew fully who was calling me.

"Did you get it?" A stuffy sounding Adam asked through the phone. Followed by a very loud, horrible cough.

"I'm at the store now. I'm trying to figure out why one is 8 dollars and the other is 10." I explained, my eyes still bouncing between the two syrups that seemed exactly the same.

"Just pick one and get here, please." He whined. Always becoming a needy child when he was sick. He was convinced George had given him his cold while I felt it was from the lack of rest he got. Ones body could only handle so much. Rockstar or not.

"Okay I'm coming. Do you need anything else while I'm here?" I grabbed the 10 dollar bottle, only the best for my baby, and made my way to the register.

"Just you." He coughed again, ruining the sweet sentiment.

"I'm checking out I'll be there soon, love." Hanging up I loaded my baskets contents onto the counter. Soup, tissues, cough syrup, an assortment of candy, and coconut water. The basics when taking care of your sick boyfriend. It wasn't long before I was on my way to his flat. My second home as I spent way too much time there. Parking, I grabbed the bag and headed up. I knew where he kept his spare key so I unlocked the door and went in.

"Adam?" I shouted into the flat while shutting the door. A faint groan let me know he was awake and in his room.

"Hey, baby." I set the bag down and went over to him. He lay facedown in his bed yet I could still see how pale he was. He turned onto his back with a sigh, giving me a weak smile. I leaned down to peck his cheek.

"About time" he dryly teased. Sitting on his bed my hand went to his forehead; he was warm.

"You look shit." I teased back, stroking his hair softly.

"Like hot shit though?" He asked, making me laugh. Getting up I went to unload the bag.

"Wait." He called, reaching out to me as a cough racked his frame. Shaking my head I grabbed the bag and went into the kitchen. If it were up to him I'd never leave the bed. Putting the soup and waters on the counter, I dumped out the rest of he contents before tossing the bag. Ripping the box that held the medicine open, I took the bottle and a coconut water. Getting a rag from the closet, I dampened it with cold water. Ringing it out to make sure it wasn't dripping, I went back to Adam.

"Here, put this on your forehead." I handed him the cold rag. He just stared at it, then up at me.

"Are you serious?" He was all stuffy so his voice sounded congested. It was rather cute.

"Yes, Adam, I'm serious. You're sick and I'm here to help you feel better. Do what I say please." I huffed, folding the towel neatly so it would lay across his forehead before slapping it on as he was annoying me.

"Ow, this is abuse." He said, holding the rag in place so it wouldn't fall as he was sitting upright.

"It's tough love." I said, twisting the seal of the medicine before handing him the bottle.

"I take it you want me to drink this?" He looked up at me skeptically like I just handed him bleach. Although it was quite a sight as one hand held the damp rag on his head, the other held a bottle of cough syrup, and he was pale as could be.

"Stop being difficult." I crossed my arms, even though I still held the coconut water. Taking a swig he handed it back to me. Closing it up I placed it on his bedside table with the coconut water.

"Okay, now would you come here please." He said, pulling my by the belt loops of my pants onto the bed. Surprised by his strength, I fell onto his lap. Taking a second to regain myself, I just looked at him to see him smiling.

"Hey." He smiled down at me. The rag no longer on his forehead but beside him. He leaned down to kiss me but I moved so he caught my cheek.

"You're sick, remember." I said as he sighed.

"As if being this close to me isn't already putting you at risk." To prove his point he pulled me closer to him. I was weak and he had a point.

"Fine." I said, reaching up to hold him in place as I kissed him. I could feel him smile into the kiss. Pulling away I cringed.

"Was it that bad?" He asked, as I sat up. Reaching for the water and cracking it opened. Taking a large drink, I shivered.

"You taste like medicine." I took one more sip before passing it to him. He downed the entire thing before putting the empty carton on the table beside him. Fixing the pillows I situated myself beside him as we both rested against the wall. It was then I noticed he had Netflix on, a show I didn't recognize paused.

"What're you watching?" I asked, getting comfortable in the covers.

"Breaking Bad." He reached for the remote, going to resume the program.

"Wait," I stopped him, reaching to get the damp cold rag. Placing it on his forehead, he huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Okay there." I smiled, quickly pecking his lips as I could tell he was annoyed yet I found it amusing. He resumed the show and I was a bit lost at first until Adam caught me up on what was happening. He himself only having just started it. As time progressed our positions changed. He went from sitting beside me to laying with his head in my lap. At this point we were a good 7 episodes deep. The medicine had helped and his fever had gone down a bit as I kept checking between episodes. Stroking his hair, I noticed his breaths were even and his eyes were closed.

"Hey." I whispered, sitting up to lean over him. A soft 'hm' my response.

"Why don't you get comfortable and get some sleep." I bargained even though I enjoyed him laying in my lap.

"I am comfortable." he mumbled against my thigh.

"Adam." I pushed and with a huff he sat up briefly before falling onto his pillow. He was exhausted, as within minutes he was out again. Getting up I pulled my jeans off, and changed into a pair of his shorts before climbing back into bed beside him. Thinking he was asleep, I startled when he grabbed my waist.

"Thank you." He mumbled into my neck, his breathe hitting my ear.

"You don't need to thank me, baby." I turned around as best I could, managing to peck his cheek. His grip on me tightening.

"Do you need anything before I fall asleep?" I asked turning to face him.

"I have everything I need." He responded, his eyes closed as he was falling back to sleep. Smiling to myself, I shut the light before curling up with him. I knew I'd regret it in a week or two when I'd catch this bug he had but for now I was too content to care.

A/N: I enjoyed this one! I feel like it came out really cute. I'm working on a few George ones next so keep an eye out !! xx