"Can I Help You?" // Ross

To this day I don't know how we did it but it happened. I remember it like yesterday. My best friend Katie and I were seeing the 1975 at our local venue. Seeing as we went there all the time we figured we'd try to see if we could sneak backstage. Use our home turf to our advantage.

I just recall standing by the back entrance, Katie saying she'd be right back, and when she reemerge from wherever she went we had all access stickers.  Before I could question anything she slapped them on us and pulled me through the stage door.

We were in.

We tried to remain calm, but we're freaking out inside. We'd snuck backstage. What did we do if we say one of the guys? What if we get caught? What if-  Suddenly Katie pulls me to a stop and points to an open door. A wide open door to a room which a sign read

'Dressing Room - The 1975'

Doing a "casual" walk by we noticed it was empty. Probably because the band was soundchecking which apparently to Katie meant go for it cause before I knew it we were standing in the dressing room. We weren't in there long. It was the stereotypical Katie touched everything as I yelled at her to put it all back when we heard someone talking to us.

"Can I help you?" An all too familiar voice rung out from behind us. Freezing we turned around slowly and there, in the flesh, was Ross MacDonald. Leaning against the door frame, a granola bar of some sort in his hand as he snacked away.

"We we're just looking for the bathroom." Katie said, as I just stood there in awe.

"I know it's a mess but does this look like the bathroom?" He teased, pushing off the frame to move into the room. Moving the wrapper of the granola bar to take another bite.

"Also there's a sign on the door that says 'dressing room'. I don't know how old you guys are but I'd hope you can read." He said sitting down on the couch. Despite my stomach doing backflips I couldn't help but laugh.

"Are you gonna like call security and get us kicked out?" Katie asked, fidgeting with the pass we stole earlier in the day. To this he shrugged.

"Honestly it's kinda massive how you managed to get this far. Usually our security is tight. Sit down, you're making me nervous standing there like that." He said so casually like we weren't fans who were just caught by one of the band members themselves in their dressing room.

"I find the whole 'crazy fan' thing amusing. Water?" He asked, going through the fridge. Both of us speechless we just nodded. He handed us the water and then proceeded to ask us our names.

Once the nerves subsided it was pretty casual. I always pictured Ross to be a cool guy and he didn't let me down. Even when one of the other guys came in he played it off like we were interviewing him. We stayed for a while longer  before they had to get ready for the show.

And that is how we got to hang out with Ross MacDonald.