Missing // Ross

"Ace, here Ace." I placed the the small dish of cat food down on the mat. Putting the bag of food away, turning back expecting to see my little kitty chowing away on his late night meal. Him and I having a very odd schedule yet it worked. Although he was no where in sight. Kissing into the air, and calling his name again, there was no sort of response or noise for me to know where he was. Usually as soon as I pour the food into his dish, he was right there beside me.

Trying to not freak out, I began looking around my apartment. He tended to hide in small spaces during the day, coming out only when he wanted to. I checked every space I knew of in the living room and kitchen. Looking high and low before heading into my bathroom. Not one sign of the small white and grey cat. While he was full grown, he was the runt of his litter so he was roughly the size of a 6 month old kitten. Leaving my bedroom for last, I tore it apart trying to find Ace. Nothing. Not even the little jingle of the bell on his collar. A sudden feeling of determination coming over me, I pulled on a hoodie over my tshirt and a pair of shoes on. Grabbing my phone, I racked my brain for who would possibly be willing to go out in the middle of the night to help me find my cat. Hesitating over Ross's contact, I knew he'd probably hate me for waking him up and dragging him out of bed, but he'd do it for me. It rang for a while before he answered.

"Hello?" His sleep ridden voiced rang through the phone.

"Hey, uh, listen I know-" he cut me off almost right away.

"Ugh, what did you do?" He sighed, I could hear him sitting up as he voice sounded a bit more clear.

"Well I'm offended you think I did something cause I didn't. I need your help though." I bit my nail knowing he'd probably take some persuading.

"What could you possibly need help with at-" he paused I'm assuming to look at the time.

"3 am?! Beth are you serious?" He groaned into the phone.

"I can't find Ace and I'm worried. I want to go out and try to find him but I don't want to go alone." I quickly rushed out, getting to the point of this late night call. Immediately he sighed.

"Can't you just wait until morning?" He tried, yawning as he spoke.

"But he's so small and he's never been outside. I won't be able to sleep. Please Ross." It was quiet for a moment before he sighed again.

"Fine. I'll be over in a bit." With that he hung up, and I smiled to myself as I knew he'd give in. Doing another sweep of my house there was still no sign of Ace. As I was just about to call Ross to see whether he was still coming, there was a knock at my door.

"About time." I opened the door, letting myself out before slamming it shut.

"Sorry, it takes me a while to get moving at 3 in the morning." I'm pretty sure Ross's first words were something sassy and sarcastic. Ignoring his comment we began to walk down my road.

"Are we just gonna walk? Should we call him or something?" Ross asked stuffing his hands into the pocket of his hoodie. He definitely looked like he'd just rolled out of bed. He had a hoodie, basketball shorts, and adidas slippers on.

"I don't know, maybe. I figured I'd just listen for the bell on his collar." I bit my nail, looking up and down the street.

"The bell on his collar? Do you know how many cats have bells on their collar? This is hopeless." He said looking the opposite way or welds he would've seen the serious glare I was giving him.

"Would you stop being so negative and I don't know, help me?!" I smiled sarcastically making him laugh. Only Ross would laugh at my counter sarcasm but it worked. We began calling out for Ace while listening for the bell on his collar. We walked for at least two hours, when the sun began to come up we headed back to my place. With a sigh, I walked through the door. Trying to not be upset the search party was unsuccessful.

"Mind if I just crash here?" Ross asked, going to move towards the kitchen.

"Yea that's fine." Turning around at the grim tone of my voice. He came up to me, and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, we'll find him." He always have the best hugs at times like these. Wrapping my arms around him, I just reveled in his strong frame wrapped around me. That was when I heard it.

"Did you hear that?" I asked, pulling away a bit.

"What? Hear what?" We were both quiet as we listened and is sounded again. A small jingle.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Ross said as the jingle go louder and then, there on the counter to greet us, sat Ace.

"There you are!" I smiled, going over to pick him up. Meanwhile Ross was stuttering to himself trying to get his words out.

"So you mean to tell me he was here the entire time?? " his face awestruck and I was finding it hilarious as I stood petting Ace.

"I guess so." I smiled to which he just shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm going to bed. I'm, what the fuck. You're so dead. Tomorrow when I'm not sleep deprived. Just wait. " He said heading up the stairs.

"You had me so worried little man." I said to Ace who was purring in my arms. Following behind Ross, I went up the stairs. Myself needing sleep after the eventful few hours we'd just had looking for my cat who I thought was missing but wasn't at all.

A/N: Sorry this took so long, I'm not even going to lie I've been playing Pokemon Go so I haven't really been home to write. Side note, I have a prompt list I use and I don't know why this one screamed Ross to me. Let me know what you thought xx