Careers Pt.3

I couldn't stop fidgeting with my hands the whole time I went through airport security which only made me look guilty. Nancy had immediately called George last night and we had caught him right before they were to go on stage. Granted the opening act hadn't finished yet, according to George. He sounded relieved on the phone after Nancy explained everything.

"We're heading to-" he paused. Nancy having put him on speaker so I could hear as well and lay the phone on the counter between us.

"San Jose next. Sorry had to check." He chuckled. I swore those boys would lose their heads if they weren't attached. Especially, George and Matty. The two of them like children you had to keep an eye on.

"So how is this gonna work? Are you gonna tell him I'm coming?" I spoke up, needing a structured plan.

"Nah, we're just gonna show up with you. I-" Another voice cutting George off. My heart dropping thinking it was Adam but I couldn't make it out enough to tell.

"I gotta go, I'll have Jamie text you the details." George rushed before ending the call.

"You should pack." Nancy said, her phone buzzing with a text message from George.

So here I am not even 24 hours later, getting ready to board a flight to San Jose. I hadn't slept at all, my mind reeling with all the possible worse case scenarios. Boarding the plane and finding my seat, not long after take off did exhaustion hit and I fell asleep. I wish I hadn't cause I slept through the entire flight. Meaning I woke up there, in San Jose, where Adam was, with no time to prepare. Let's be real, I wasn't gonna be prepared. Noticing I was one of the last few people on the plane I got up, grabbing my bag from the overhead compartment. With a deep breathe I exited the aircraft and began my trek through the airport.

Looking down at my phone, I re-read the message George had sent me explaining where he'd be. Following the herd of people also leaving, it didn't take long to spot the gentle giant himself. He was alone, shades on yet his hair along with his height was a dead giveaway to anyone who was a proper fan of the band. Approaching him, it wasn't till I was a few feet away he noticed me, a welcoming smile on his face.

"Hey G!" I smiled, pulling my bag to a stop as I hugged him.

"There she is."  He hugged me back, one to always give a good hug when you needed it.

"Shall we." He motioned for us to leave, grabbing my bag as we left and went to the curb outside.

"I just have to call us an Uber. I tried to get one to wait for you but the guy was a dick." George grumbled, taking his phone out to get us a ride. Having never been to San Jose, I took the time to look around. Really just trying to settle my nerves.

"Calm down." He put his hand on my shoulder, giving me an a brotherly look of reassurance.

"What if he doesn't want me here. What if he sees me and-" George dramatically started to shake his head.

"No. You're over thinking this too much. Whether he'll admit it or not, he wants you here. We need you here." Pulling me to him in a one arm, side hug. It did make me feel a bit better.

"I mean the worst he could do is yell at you and tell you to leave." Snapping my head up at him, I have him a look to which he got defensive.

"I mean it's true. He won't though, would you trust me. Damn." Just then, a small black car pulled up. The window rolling down and the driver asking George his name. After confirming who he was, we loaded my bag into the Uber and we were off. The entire way my leg was bouncing.

"Where are we going, exactly?" I asked unsure if the boys had been put up in a hotel for this stop. It was hard to say when they did or when they just stayed on their bus.