chapter 4: Never Give Up on the Good Times

"So Emily, we were just about to go to Andy's to practice. Wanna come?" Jinxx asks me.

"Sure. But what about my truck?" I ask.

Andy replies, "We'll drive it there."

*oh well DUHH!!!!*

I just nod and I head back to my truck and I get in, ready to follow the bus. They start driving, and I follow. I turn on some music, and a Spice Girls song comes on. (authors note: i dont always listen to bvb, i like other songs too, and im listening to it know which is y im using that song. dont hate please!) 

I park in the driveway, as the band gets out and the bus leaves. I turn off my truck and hook my kays to my belt loop. Andy comes over and opens the door for me. He also holds out his hand  for me to take. "M'lady" He says as I take his hand and exit the truck. "Such a gentleman." I say in an old-fashioned tone of voice. He closes the door for me and we go into Andy's house. We go downstairs to the basement and we all sit down somewhere. I just stand there against the wall, I didn't want to bother their practice. But I kinda did, because my phone starts ringing. It's Cali.

I run upstairs and I answer the call. And Andy follows me all the way to my truck.

Cali: hey. I'm leaving in about 15 minutes.

Me: Don't worry, Cali. I'm on my way.

I hang up the call and run to my truck. I get in as fast as I can. But Andy stops me before I pull off. "Where you going?" he asks. "I'm sorry, Andy. But my friend's leaving and I need to be there to see her one last time. I'll try to come back as soon as I can. But I need to be there for her right now. I'm so sorry." I say pulling off. "IT'S OK!" I hear him yell as I wave my hand out the window. I drive as quick as I can to her house. I finally get there and pull in the driveway and I get out and run to hug her. We stand there for a while as her parents are filling up the van with everything. 

"C'mon Cali! Let's go!" her father calls out. I let go and so many tears flow down my face and her's. We smile at each other, and she hands me something. It's a bracelet. It says, "Emily+Cali=BFFS!" I hug her one last time, and she is wearing the same bracelet. I put mine on and watch her drive away. I don't even try to stop the tears from my eyes. I wave as I loose vision of her. I can't go back to Andy now. Not right after this. But, He's the one I can go to for help. I get in my truck and drive away. I play the song Cali and I sing together all the time when one of us is feeling like shit. Never Give Up on the Good Times by the Spice Girls. I start to sing along to it like she was in the seat next to me. But I know she's not.