chapter 31: The Reason Why I Smile

(still EMILY'S POV)

I wake up the next morning to Mitchel shaking me awake. I have a show to do. And we're in New York! I've always wanted to go here! And I need to meet up with Andy at 8. I wonder what that's going to be like.

I get out of bed, and I get dressed. I slump out of the bus and we get food along the way. We stop at Starbucks and I just get an iced coffee. I don't eat breakfast if I'm in a hurry.

We get to the venue, and Jessica leads me into the dressing room. I get on the same clothes I've been wearing for every show I did. The gold tank top with the ruffles, white short-shorts, and black converses.

I curl my hair and do my makeup the way I had it before. Gold eye shadow with black, cat-eye, winged eyeliner. I look at myself in the mirror, and I'm beautiful.

I can hear the crowd scream my name, and I make my way to the stage. I go over to the mic, and the crowd quiets down. "How about some music?" I ask and they all go wild again.

I start with Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera, and I finish with Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne. I go off stage and finish the show.

I go back into my dressing room and find a note.

emily,

remember 8:00 exactly. look beautiful because i have a surprise.

times square

meet me there

-andy

How can I forget tonight? I can't forget! I wonder what the surpirse is, but I'm really scared to find out.

I go back on the bus, and I wait for 8 to come.

***

8 is coming fast, and I need to get ready.

I slip into a deep blue/purple dress that is strapless and comes down to my knees. My hair is still curled, but I re-do my makeup. I change it to a smokey eye with nude lips. And I put on my black converses. (as always).

I look at myself in the mirror, and I leave my contacts in. I see a girl who is ready to meet the man I love.

I'm dropped off at Times Square, and I head over to the fountain.

I see all the lights from the boards and signs and screens around the city. The fountain in front of me glows so beautifuly The cold air against my bare arms and legs send shivers up my spine. I look down and check my phone. Its 8:15 now and nothing else from Andy.

"Emily?"

I heard Andy's voice say my name as a question. Quickly getting my attention.

I slowly turn around and I face him. He's a few feet away but he looks as dashing as ever.

He's wearing a white dress shirt, rolled up to his elbown, and he has on a black vest covering his chest and shoulders. He has on black pants with his hands in the pockets, and nice black shoes. And his hair is normal. Just the way it always is. Long.

I reach up and I put my hand on my chest, because seeing him look this nice, makes my heart skip a few beats. I've never seen him look so handsome. I can see the lights from around us, light up his face in the perfect places.

I take a deep breath, and I start to slowly walk closer to him. Step by step.

When I take the first step to him, he comes closer to me. Slow and steady steps towards each other. Closer and closer, until he's right in front of me. I clearly see his bright blue eyes looking more eye-catching then before. Bright blue crystals staring into my soul. I don't care if anybody we know or don't know is watching, this is the moment I need to have and a moment I need to life.

I put my phone in the pocket of my dress, and Andy holds my hands in his. But we never, not once, broke our gaze. His hands were so soft and warm, like always. His eyes continue to stare into mine, and out hands hang down to the sides of us. Together.

He opens his mouth to say something, and I finally feel his sweet voice.

"You look beautiful tonight."

The sound of his voice tickles my ears. "Thank you." I whisper. He starts to smile, and he lets out a small chuckle. "What?" I question. "You're so cute when you're blushing."

I let go of his hands and I hold my cheeks. I giggle a bit and say, "I can't control it."

He chuckes once more and holds my hands against my face. Then letting them fall down to our sides like before. "If I say it's cute, then I like it."

He rests his forehead against mine as he says that. We just stand there smiling at each other.

"Emily," His voice sounds serious now. But we don't budge at all. "I love you."

Those words, it's been a while since I've heard them. Especially coming from him.

I felt a tear form up in my eye, and it escaped down my cheek. "I love you, too." I whisper.

His thumb wipes the tear from my cheek, and he smiles. "Don't leave me. Please." I whisper again. "Not planning on it." He whispers back to me.

I lean forward pressing my lips on his. I felt him jump a bit, but he understood my feelings and he kissed me back.

We pull away, and he takes my hand. We start walking back to his tour bus, parked behind a building. We go in, and the other band members are surprised to see me holding Andy's hand.

"Are you guys..." Jinxx begins to ask in amazment.

"Yes."

Andy answers. "And I'm not leaving her again."

I bite my lip, and try to stop smiling, but I can't help it. I smile and Andy pulls me into a hug.

"And that's a promise." He tickles my ear once more, promising me that he'll never leave again.

Another tear escapes my eye and I burry my head in Andy's shoulder. I never want him to leave me again, and I will never try to leave him.

cx i hoped you liked it!!!! you will NEVER guess what happens in the next chapter. you will really love me!

and there is someone on wattpad who is a really awesome writer! pleeeeeeeeeese go check her out!!!

and sorry there is so many time lapses in this whole story :/

but yeah...

ttylxox

vote, comment, follow, and enjoy!!!

-emily <3