Ouch

Okay, here's a sweet one for you...

Diamond

She sat worriedly next to the hospital bed in S.T.A.R. Labs it was to easy...rescuing him hadn't been that hard. Diamond pushed the thoughts out of her mind and looked at Leonard. He was so still...

He's fine, he's fine she told herself.

No one was in the Lab, everyone had gone home for some rest, Barry had lost the Reverse Flash and Mick didn't want to be there when Snart woke up, didn't want to deal with the feely stuff Diamond assumed.

She was rubbing the ring around Leonard's wrist absently when she heard him speak, "I'd expect that to hurt but it doesn't."

"Are you okay?" Diamond moved closer.

"You keep asking that," he took a deep breath.

"You haven't really answered,"

"Well, I'm alive," he laughed softly.

She placed her hand on the side of his face, "We both know that doesn't mean you're okay."

Leonard closed his eyes and rubbed against her hand, "I'm fine, you should go home and get some rest, I'll get out of here soon."

"You aren't going anywhere, especially without me," Diamond sat right on his lap which made him open his eyes and give her an incredulous look.

"No way," she leaned forward, hovering over his face.

"That was unexpected."

She giggled quietly and gave him a deep kiss. He was warm and his lips soft, she couldn't be more happy.

Leonard gently sat up and pulled her off his lips, "I, I'm sorry, I can't let anything happen to you."

"What're you talking about?" Diamond studied his face, other than the bruises he looked hurt, scared, he didn't talk for a moment.

"Wells said something about you, that if I stayed with you...you'd get...killed," he struggled out.

"Leo, I--" he cut her off.

"What if he's right, Diamond? What if I hurt you, I'm poison all I've ever done is hurt people, how will this be different?" Leonard panicked, if he had been attached to the heart monitor it would've been beeping every second.

"Leo, its okay, take a deep breath, don't listen to him, he...probably just said that to mess with your head," Diamond pulled his head onto her chest and gently stroked the back of his head.

She felt icy tears fall down her shirt.

"Oh, Leo, I love you," her own tears falling down her face.

"You can't let me stay and hurt you, I was right the first time," Leonard held onto her waist despite what he was saying.

"What if this is how you hurt me? By leaving, by staying away, you hurt me," she kissed the top of his head.

"I don't know anymore, all I know is that I love you," Leonard said into her chest.

He'd never said that before he'd never come out and say it which made Diamond's tears fall even more.

"It's okay, I'll be fine, just don't do anything stupid, you're incredibly smart but that doesn't mean you won't do something foolish," she said through her tears.

"Can we get out of here?" Leonard asked after a few minutes.

"Okay, but just be careful," Diamond gave him one last kiss on his head and hopped off.