Distraction

So this is going to progress the love story!

Leonard

Again Diamond stayed in his mind, her eyes, her soft voice, everything about her seemed to just stick inside his brain. He wanted no, he needed to see her again. Leonard let out a groan, it was driving him crazy, time to look for her a little deeper. It was difficult to find anything on her, everything about her was sealed with a special kind of security. But he didn't give up easily and soon he found where she worked, Jitters. He found himself on his way there, she had just arrived there for the midnight shift. Diamond nodded at the other worker as they left. No one was inside so she sat on a stool behind the counter. Leonard watched her for a while, she'd sometimes run a hand through her thick silky hair, brushing it out of her face with a sigh. Eventually he got enough courage to go see her. He took apprehensive steps towards the counter. Diamond was under the counter rummaging around when Leonard hit the bell causing her to jump and bang her head.

"Ouch! Uh, sorry I did--" she stopped short when she saw him.

"Well hello," Leonard smirked.

"You, uh, you shouldn't be here Leon--Snart, um, you could get caught," Gaige stuttered, trying to keep worry from her voice.

He smiled at her trying to keep her voice even, "I won't unless you turn me in."

"I...um, what do you want?" She asked quietly, unintentionally batting her eyes.

His heart pounded, he hadn't quite come up with an excuse to see her and those long lashes fluttering at him drove him nuts.

Why is she so...why am I feeling like this?!

"Leonard?"

He definitely liked the way she said his name, "What?"

"Well, um, why are you here?" She asked again shyly.

"I wanted to see who you were, find out why you helped me," Snart leaned against the counter closer to her.

"I don't know, I just well, I just did," she blushed at how close he was.

"And why don't you know?" He inched closer to her.

"I'm afraid I don't know that either, I'm sorry I'm not very helpful," Gaige let out a small nervous laugh.

"Don't be, Diamond," Leonard stared at all of her beautiful features.

No one had called her Diamond in years and usually she would snap and say it's Gaige, but when he said it, it was different, it sounded so soft and comforting.

"No one's called me that in so long," she took a deep breath.

"And what do you think?" He breathed.

"I think I like it," she answered leaning against the counter.

Their lips almost touched when Leonard pulled away and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, I didn't, I didn't want you to, I didn't mean to, I'm sorry," he turned around and put a hand on the back of his neck.

"What are you sorry about, Leonard?" Diamond asked walking up behind him, scared he didn't feel the same as she did.

"You're so, I don't want you to have to deal with this, with me," he sounded like he was on the verge of tears.

"Maybe you should let me decide if I want to deal with you, and I know that I do," she walked closer to him watching his shoulders rise and fall as he tried to keep his composure.

"I shouldn't of come to you, it was, a weak moment," Leonard shook his head and started to walk away.

Gaige blocked his way, "Please, please don't go, I just want to talk to you plea--"

"Don't make this any harder than it is, I shouldn't of bothered you," he gently put his hands on her shoulders.

"I'm not going to let you leave like this!" She slipped into his arms.

Their foreheads touched their lips centimeters away.

"I'm not good for you at all, I'm a criminal, why do you keep taunting me like this, I know I'll never get to have you," Leonard closed his eyes sinking into the feeling of her against him, loving everything about her.

"Maybe I'm not taunting you, maybe I don't care if your a criminal, maybe I just want you, and I know that the maybes are not maybes at all, but really facts," her cool minty breath gently brushing against his face.

He opened his eyes only seeing her beautiful purple ones staring at him, any small amount of apprehension or doubt he had slipped away. Leonard gently pressed his lips against hers, so soft and luscious. Gaige deepened the kiss not wanting it to end.

Pulling away slowly Leonard took a deep breath, "You know we can't be anything don't you?"

"Why not?" She gently brushed his cheek.

"Because someone like me will only hurt you, and I don't want that to happen, please promise me you won't try to save me, or change things," Leonard stroked her waist.

"I'm not going to make that promise, I will never stop trying to help you," Diamond cried.

He took another deep breath, "I don't want to hur--" he was interrupted by her finger on his lips, his aqua eyes filled with surprise.

"I know you don't, and that's exactly why I won't stop trying to help you, because it shows you are worth saving, you are worth so much, under all that ice there is a good heart, a good man, if only you had the chance," Diamond's eyes started to shimmer with tears, it hurt her to see that he could've been so much more, if only he had the chance.

"I'm sorry, I am hurting you aren't I, I can't be the cause of your tears, I have to go," he cried wiping away her tears, he pulled away and ran out the door, his own icy tears gently spilling from his eyes.

He made his way back to the abandoned warehouse confusion and frustration making his heart and head hurt. He put his head in his hands letting the tears fall, tears he'd held in since forever.

Why...why...why...

That was the only thing running though his head as well as the feeling of her lips against his.