Iced Heart

Wanted to get this one out soon next one will take some time...

Diamond

Diamond entered her apartment with worry etched into her brain. That strange 'dream', Leonard not there when she awoke, the painful headache. It all added up and made her feel...scared.

"I don't understand," she whined.

"Oh you never did," a horribly familiar voice creeped to her ears.

She whirled around to see her personal nightmare casually sitting in one of her chairs, Eric Blackthorn.

"W-what are you doing here?" Diamond stuttered out.

"I have studies to preform! You remember those don't you?" Eric smirked.

She winced as she remembered the asylum.

"I came to see if you figured out my presence, obviously you haven't," he clicked his tongue, "not a good thing for you."

"How did you find me?" She asked quietly.

"I always knew where you were, I just decided you should have some sort of normal life, but then things changed, I won't ruin the surprise for you, but have fun my dear," Blackthorn stood abruptly and walked out the door.

Diamond shook her head, maybe she was having another delusion? But the black paper rose on the coffee table quickly dismissed that idea.

What am I supposed to do?!

Try and calm down, this won't be like last time, you have us! We'll help!

How?

Use your powers, within reason of course, search him, see what he's been up to.

Diamond tried to use her powers, but she was still to weak and definitely to scared to concentrate.

I have to find Leonard, he feels so icy...I don't understand...

She turned around and went back the way she came, she wouldn't be resting anytime soon. Walking around the city she tried to find some peace and comfort so she could concentrate. Surprisingly it worked, she sat down on a park bench and thought of Leonard, sorting through the memories and facts she found him at a warehouse somewhere. She made her way there and crept to the entrance, the door was ajar allowing her to hear the voices inside.

"What do you mean 'what girl' the one you met on the robbery," Mick's frustrated voice came.

Leonard's distraught yet smooth one asked "What robbery?"

"Are you screwing with me?" Mick asked.

Snart tapped his fingers on the desk, "No, are you?"

"No, how can you not remember?" Mick crossed his arms.

"I don't know, I'll be back," Leonard walked out the door with a sudden inclination to go outside, causing Diamond to maneuver against the outside wall.

Leo stopped when the door closed, Diamond had a feeling he knew she was there. Suddenly he pulled and rammed her against the opposite wall his arm just below her neck.

"What are you doing here?" He asked simply.

"Leonard?" Diamond said in disbelief.

"How do you know my name?" He adjusted against her.

"You...don't remember?" she tried to wrap her brain around it.

"I'm getting a little annoyed with people saying I don't remember, I don't know you so you better give me a reason not to kill you," Leonard sighed.

Diamond just stared into his blue and green eyes, they were startlingly cold towards her, she didn't like it. Her staring took him off guard, he didn't understand either.

"I don't understand I," she stopped herself, would saying how much she loved him matter at all? Maybe he was better off not knowing her, being a criminal was his thing, she couldn't come between that, all he'd done, no one would forgive him like she did.

"You what?" Curiosity slipping into his voice.

"You don't remember the robbery?" Diamond changed the subject.

"How do you know about that?" Leonard questioned skeptically.

"That's where we met, at the bank," she told him.

"I think I would've remembered you."

"Let me help you, I can find out why you don't remember," Diamond tried to convince him.

"No, I don't trust you," Leonard looked around suspiciously.

"You don't trust anyone, just--"

He cut her off, "You're right, now for some reason I'm gonna let you go, but don't come back, and don't tell anyone, I don't want to have to find you."

"Leon--"

"Go, now," he released her, looking at her icily.

She had no choice but to run before his patience ran out completely.

What am I to do?

This is a problem.

Oh gee, I hadn't noticed.

You need to try to use your powers again.

I'm too weak...

Fine, rest up soon then.

Diamond made her way to S.T.A.R. Labs, she needed to find an explanation.