Wandering

Okay, so it's been quite awhile, I hope to get back into a rhythm of writing daily and publishing chapters at least weekly. That's my goal, but a lot has been going on lately but hopefully it's calming down but still it might be a little difficult for me to do that, please be patient. You guys are amazing and have already been so patient, so I love you friends! (Yes I call my readers friends, shut up, I'm a lonely author)

Gaige

She left S.T.A.R. Labs and was about to head to home when Joe ran up to her.

"Gaige wait."

"What?" Diamond turned around with a sigh.

"What is going on with you?" Joe asked.

"What's going on with me? Really?" She sighed again, "Nothing, okay? I'm just tired."

"Alright, if you ever need to talk, come find me," Joe noticed she was not in the mood to talk.

"You already have two children to take of, isn't it a bit much to take me on too?" She smiled sadly.

"No, it's not, you are young and you need guidance as much as both of my kids do," Joe assured.

"It means a lot Joe," her smile not so sad anymore, "I've got to go."

He watched her walk away a little lighter.

(Time skip)

Gaige had arrived at Central Park after going home and changing. It had not escaped her attention that Blackthorn and his followers were no where to be seen. She decided to ignore that, they had won, no need to over think things, it's good to revel in the wins. The trees gently bent over as the wind blew, it had a strange calming effect.

What do I do now?

A voice grabbed her attention, "It's peaceful here, its as if nothing happened here last night."

"Yes," she agreed, it was Mark.

"Something's going on with you," he sighed, sitting next to her on the bench, still looking at the trees.

She gave a laugh, "There's always something going on with me it seems."

He just hummed.

It was her turn to sigh, "I'm thinking that no matter where I go I will always be haunted by the past, endangering anyone I come in contact with, anyone I care about, anyone I love."

A moment passed before Mark spoke, "I hate to say this but that's life, it happens to everyone, on different levels of course, but you have to learn how to defend yourself and the people you love against the horrors of yesterday. Leaving them and shutting them out is not the answer, Gaige, you have to know that."

"But it's easier to just leave them, they'll be happier, safer, I can't risk their lives for my happiness."

"How do you know they will be happier? Most likely they will be devastated, another thing you can't do is underestimate your power and influence over people, and since when have you gone the easier route?" He finally turned to her.

"I don't know, I don't know," Gaige shook her head.

"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell." (If you get this I love you)

"This road never looked so lonely." she exhaled.

"It doesn't have to be, that's what I'm trying to tell you," he returned his gaze to the trees.

"I guess."

"You're leaving aren't you?"

"I don't know."

Mark gave a small laugh, "That's a yes."

"No, it means I don't know," Diamond sighed.

He just looked at her.

"Don't look at me like that."

He shrugged, "I've got to go, I think I'll head to Star City."

"What's there?" Gaige asked.

"I'm not sure, I have a vague memory of being there, I'm going to go and see if it triggers a memory or something," he stood.

"I could come with?" She offered and stood as well.

"Nah, you already have enough 'problems' of your own, whether you realize it or not," Mark smirked.

"Well, then I hope to see you around," she returned his smirk.

"Yeah,"

They exchanged a hug, then he disappeared into the crowd. Only after he started walking away did Diamond notice that he had a bag slung over his shoulder.

I wonder where he got that...

He probably stole it *snicker*

Shut the fuck up...though you're probably right...he's always been resourceful.

She turned around and began to exit the park...she had a difficult decision to make.