Mark Lyphius

This one's a little short, I'll do my best to get the next one out soon. Now, please enjoy!

Mark

Where am I?

He awoke to a cell of sorts, it wasn't as bad as his back in the asylum, but it was still a cell. He stood.

"Hello?" He pounded on the door.

"Hello!" He said a little louder.

The blast door opened and there stood a young woman who looked vaguely familiar, but he couldn't place her.

"Hello," she smiled.

That's not creepy at all...
"Where am I?"

"You're at S.T.A.R Labs."

I don't like the sound of that...lab

"Don't worry," she laughed when she saw his face, "We won't test you like Blackthorn did."

"How do you know him?" He asked, pressed against the glass.

"You don't remember?" After a few moments of silence she sighed, "Figures, same happened with a friend of mine, we just have to trigger those memories."

"How do we do that?" Mark tapped nervously at the glass.

"Simple, just by talking, you must promise not to attack me though," she looked expectantly at him.

"Why would I attack you?"

"Do you remember anything about last night?" She cocked her head.

"No."

"We'll work up to it then," she sighed and opened the cell door.

"What is your name?" He said as he tried to step out of the cell.

She caught him before he fell to the floor, "That's as good as any place to start, I'm Diamond."

"Diamond, Diamond, Gaige?" Mark struggled to recall as she helped him upright.

"Yes! That's promising!" Diamond smiled again.

She gently placed him down on the floor and sat next to him, "I should warn you, it will hurt, remembering things."

"Small price to pay I suppose," he sighed.

"Alright, well, we first met at the asylum, we arrived on the same day and shared a cell for a time, after a few weeks we knew we needed to get out, but only being teenagers at the time we couldn't find a way to escape, years went by and we finally came up with a plan, it worked until a point, and you forced me to go on without you, I tried to get back in and help you out, but I never could," Diamond stared at the wall in front of them.

Pain rang through Mark's head as he began to remember, he let out a shout. She gently rubbed his back, reassuring him it would go away, and it did.

"I remember you, that seems so long ago..." He breathed as he recovered.

"Yes it does, doesn't it," she smiled softly.

"What happened after?"

"I'm not quite sure, I haven't seen you since then, the only reason I stopped trying to get you out was because I thought you were dead," Diamond looked over at him.

"I'm not quite sure what to say," he returned her gaze.

"I don't suppose there is really anything to say," she waited a couple moments for him to 'catch his breath' then continued, "There is a lot of holes in your story, holes I cannot fill, you sort of, showed up last night, challenging me and my friends, I hope that I can help you find people that will be able to give you your memory back, but in the meantime come meet my friends, they can help determine what Blackthorn gave you."

Mark stood with her, "Are you sure they won't be sore about before, it sounds like I tried to kill them."

She laughed slightly, "I'm sure once they know the situation they'll understand."