[Chapter Thee] Other Perspectives

Chapter Three – Other Perspectives

Lacey's Pov:

Baily had been here a few days now, and looking at her she reminded me so much of myself when I came here. She's bitter and angry and in denial, but beyond that she's terrified.

She's terrified to admit that she has an addiction; she's terrified to admit that she's scared to go through detox; she's terrified to make amends and beyond all she's terrified to get better.

I understood all of that, admitting that you had an addiction was a hard thing to do, it made you feel so weak and so alone, but she didn't have to feel alone, there were a few people our age here, and I knew how she was feeling most of all.

We had our first real conversation, she told me about her addiction and I told her a little about mine. I was surprised about her getting it in the hospital, which was risky and stupid and showed her desperation, this wasn't going to be easy for her, not one bit.

Later when I came in the room I was pleased to see her journal out.

 "I'm glad you're writing. It really helps. And then you can always look back on it and see how far you've come. And the great part is it's for you. You can be honest and repeat things and you don't have to make sense. It's just for you and you can write what you want without judgment."

"I know, it's nice. You know you don't have to stay in here with me."

"You're my roommate and I'm here to help you through this. Do you need anything?"

"I don't know. I just want it to go away." Her eyes looked so lost and childlike.

"You're sweating, try a bath or shower. It may help calm things down. I'll go get you some water with Lemon and make you some mint tea for when you get out. They help settle your stomach."

"Why are you helping me?" she asked me as she moved to do what I advised her to.

"I told you, you're my roommate and I know how your feeling. It sucks and I didn't have someone to really help me. People tried, but no one understood. Go on, we can talk later" I smiled and gave her a gentle push towards the bathroom.

I went and cut up some lemons and filled a cup with water, there were people watching me as I did that, they were all curious about Bailey.

 "Bailey?" I knocked when I made it back to the room.

"You can come in." I opened the door and walked in, she wasn't shy about her being naked and I didn't really care either. Were both girls, and we were going to be spending a lot of time together. Plus it doesn't hurt that she's pretty damn attractive.

"Here, it should help. And I know I get thirsty when I take a hot bath. If you need anything I'll just be in the room writing, so yell for me."

I went back and decided to write in my journal and get the negative feelings out. I may smile a lot but we all had our troubles, I haven't been in here that long, a couple months and while I made the choice to go to rehab, it didn't make it any easier.

I made her some tea as soon as she got out and she drank it and curled up in bed. I heard her tossing and turning and whimpering in her sleep. The dreams can be one of the worst parts. Your subconscious plays horrible tricks on you.

I woke up and saw Bailey laying on the floor, she was stirring around before bolting up and heaving into the bowl and rushed to her side. She was shirtless and sweating and she looked half asleep and in pain.

I was rubbing her back, the vomit didn't bother me, I don't know if there was anyone in here it bothered after they went through their own detoxification. I stayed with her until I has to go to therapy and I was more than happy to stay with her, I'm sure they would understand.