[Chapter Forty-Eight] Home Alone

Chapter Forty-Eight – Home Alone
Julian's Pov

I was beyond thrilled and happy that she accepted it, I worried about that. I know she was younger and maybe not as ready to commit to this as I was but I loved her so much and I needed her to know that that wasn't going away because I was leaving here.

I've been here over six months and it's strange to think that I'm going home tomorrow, my stuff was already packed and so we stayed in her room and when I was sure she was asleep I slowly got out of bed so I wouldn't wake her and I went into my room to pull out my journal and my lap top.

In the front I wrote her a note

'I know you didn't think I opened up to you as much you did to me, read as much or little as you want, inside is the real me and it's not all good but I love you Bailey, and if you read this you'll see how much you helped me.'

And then I opened my computer and all my music popped up, I grabbed a blank CD and made a few of them for her. I know I couldn't be with her but I wanted to help in any way I could.

The first playlist was songs that made me think of her, or ones that I loved, a stupid love song playlist

The second playlist was ones that I hoped would make her happy when she was sad

The third playlists was songs she could listen to when she was angry

The forth playlist was songs to listen to when you were sad

And then I made a couple more of random ones that tried to tell her I loved her before making a cd with a single song on it and I wrote 'Our Song' on it, I know we didn't chose it together but it made me think of her and it felt fitting.

I loved music, I never actually sang to her while she was here, I sang to her while she was asleep but no matter how many times I did it I was nervous to do that for her, I know she wanted me too but I kept thinking about how it would be if she hated my voice.

When the first playlist was burning I flipped to the back of my journal and I wrote one last entry in it before I went to one last clean page and I wrote her a letter in case she actually did read it

'Bailey,' it started and I sighed as I just wrote what felt right in the moment.

When I was done with it all I left it in my room in a little box before I went back to her room and curled up for one last night with the girl who found her way into my heart. I know this was killing her but I wouldn't show how much it was killing me, I would probably break down first thing when I got to my apartment and then the loneliness would set in and I would have to learn how to deal with it for a while.

I know she would be with me soon and it was only a month compared to our lives but the fear that being released would be too much for her, that she would do what Lacey did, that just terrified me.

I just stayed awake all night, the sun started to rise but I just watched her as she slept, I know it was creepy but I wanted to remember everything about her, I didn't have a picture of her or anything so I would have to go off memory for the next few weeks, I didn't want to forget anything.

She had her left hand placed on my chest and my heart swelled with love that she accepted it, I guess Kylie and I were more alike than I could ever have imagined.

Both isolated from our families, both drug addicts, started sleeping around, both in the spotlight, both found someone in rehab, both recovering.

We were both hard headed and had a temper and while we looked nothing alike, we both had a similar personality and talents.