[Chapter Six] Progress

Chapter Six- Progress
Julian's Pov

"Why me?" she asked curiously. That was the question right there, why her. It's nothing she did really, but just her in general I think. Though I don't even understand that so I figure I would tell her at least some of it that I did understand.

"You aren't afraid of me, you actually approached me. Most people are afraid I'll either flip out like I did during my detox or that I'll sue them or something." I rolled my eyes. I'm not as angry as I used to be and I'm not going to go after them financially or anything for getting help in the same place I am, unless they tell someone.

"You confuse me." she told me

"I know." I admitted.

"And you're incredibly frustrating." She

"I know that too." I smiled at her "How are you feeling?" I wondered

"Everything hurts." She told me reluctantly. I knew that feeling

"It will go away. Give it another few days. The worst of your detox has passed."

I lay back in her bed and we sat there for a little bit in silence until she broke it.

"Did you choose to come here?" She asked hesitantly. No one ever asked me questions except Rob and Kylie.

"No." I l looked over at her "My manager made me come and I agreed. I guess part of me knew I had a problem."

"Oh."

"It was actually a big challenge for him. He caught me and I freaked out on him and he told me I went or it would be made public and I would be dropped as his client. I argued with him for days saying I didn't have a problem as I was getting high and he wanted no part in my excuses, so the day came where I had to make a choice and I made this one."

"At least you still got a choice." She sounded bitter about that.

"True. But I wouldn't have chosen rehab for myself. My manager picked the place and I've been here a few months."

"Do you like it here?"

"Some days. Just because people like Lacey and I seem okay with all of this doesn't mean that we are. We all have our struggles and I know I still have cravings for it. It's easier then when I came here, but it's by no means easy."

"Do you get angry?" she seemed hesitant to ask like all the other questions.

"Yes. I'm not in that stage anymore, but I do still get angry."

"What stage?" she asked

"There are five stages to grieving for the loss of something, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. You're angry, I passed that."

"What are you in?" she asked and I sighed. I didn't like talking about this part, because it made me feel weak. But I looked over at her and knew that she deserved an answer from me, I've seen her at her weakest point and I didn't think she had anything to be ashamed of.

"They say I'm at the end of bargaining."

"Oh." Was all I got and again I nodded.

"You can ask me whatever you want if I can do the same. If something Is too personal, then just say skip."

I hated to admit it, but I was secretly craving someone I could talk to, someone who could actually understand what I was going through. Rob and Kylie were great, but they weren't going through it right now, and I never felt like I wanted to talk to anyone until she got here.

"What was your addiction?" she asked

"Cocaine, you?" I asked though I knew the answer

"Heroin. How long were you addicted?"