[Chapter Twenty-Eight] A Rehab Birthday

Chapter Twenty-Eight – A Rehab Birthday
Bailey's Pov

I can't remember the last time I really celebrated my birthday; I know it was before Drew left but I can't really remember it. So imagine my surprise or irritation; I'm still trying to figure out which, when my freaking roommate decided it was a great idea to wake me up yelling Happy Birthday over and over again at midnight so she could be number one, and then at five in the morning when she took it farther and jumped on my bed singing the happy birthday song until I pushed her off.

She has some talent. Julian is not a small guy and we take up a lot of room on my bed. She managed to jump on it with only landing on Julian once.

She was way too happy about this.

And it was five in the fucking morning! I like my sleep and when it's stolen from me it makes me very grumpy. But I loved the fact that she cared enough to do it. I may not be showing it but I was smiling on the inside the whole time.

"Happy birthday baby." Julian kissed my forehead and pecked my lips.

"Thank you." I smiled even though the nickname still threw my off but I loved it.

"How does it feel to officially not be a teenager anymore?" he asked me

"I don't know." I said confused, that question threw me off. I don't feel any older and it's not like I'm suddenly going to bam grow up overnight just because it's my birthday.

"You're no fun." He rolled his eyes and I shrugged.

"It's my birthday I can do whatever I want." I stuck my tongue out.

"Okay my first!" Lacey yelled breaking our little moment.

"What do you mean?" I asked her confused and she dramatically huffed and rolled her eyes

"Your birthday present!" she seemed more excited for my birthday than I was

"What birthday present?" I asked her confused, I haven't gotten a birthday present since I was a child.

"Uh, the ones we got you." she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why would you do that?" I asked her and she just stared at me with a blank face.

"Really? You're my freaking best friend that's why!" she threw her hands in the air, she was being pretty dramatic today.

"Did you have coffee?" I asked her and she smiled

"Maybe." She said slowly

"Damn it Lacey, you know you act crazy when you drink that shit."

"Yeah but it makes life so much more fun; plus we're going to need energy for the day ahead." She clapped her hands together. She was one crazy blonde girl.

"What day ahead." I dreaded to ask.

"Uh, the whole thing with the place, and yeah." She said and smiled like she wasn't hiding something. She was totally hiding something.

"Lacey." I said and she pressed her lips together and shook her head.

"Okay how about you give her the present." Julian interrupted and I glared at him, suspicious. He was in on whatever this was too.

"Okay, this is only one part, but the rest will come later. I could only get you something last minute. If you don't like it I can take it back." she said looking nervous as she handed over the box.

I opened it and there was an engraved bracelet 'Sisters by soul' was on the outside and 'Bailey and Lacey' was engraved on the inside.

"I love it." I whispered looking down at it and she held her arm out and I saw a matching one that said 'Friends by heart' on it.