[Chapter Seven] Deals & Promises

Chapter Seven – Deals & Promises
Baileys pov

When I woke up again his arms were wrapped around me again and I laid there and embraced it. It was nice to have someone in here with me, but then again I don't know how he's in here.

One big rule was no off genders in the dorms after a certain time, and he's been over here with me the past two days, how is he not in trouble by now?

I was feeling much better today, a lot of the sickness had passed and now I was just in pain. My stomach felt like it was burning from all the stomach acid I threw up and lack of food, I had already lost weight from this and I wasn't feeling at me best.

I knew as soon as I got up he would be up and I wouldn't be able to go anywhere anyway so I continued to lay here. I closed my eyes and relaxed, well until Lacey came in.

"Are you two going to get the hell up? It's like noon, Julian you're about to miss your therapy session." She informed him and he didn't even move when he spoke

"Don't care, go away you're voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard"

I wondered how long he was awake, if he hadn't have spoken I would have thought he was still sound asleep.

"Julian, you need to go." I said as I pulled away from him, he tightened his arms around me and pulled me back to his warm body

"Not happening, don't even try." He said and I looked over at Lacey to see her glaring at him and then when she caught me looking she rolled her eyes and I shrugged. Julian was the last person I could get to do something he didn't want to do.

"I have no schedule" I groaned. With the detoxing my schedule was based off how my body was feeling, meaning completely unpredictable and horrible.

"You'll get one back in a few days." She said encouragingly and I smiled at her.

"It does get better, you're shaking less" Julian said with his eyes closed. Lacey waved and left the room and I took the opportunity to curl up closer to him.

"Morning." I said

"Morning, I think I like nights here a little better now."

"Speaking of nights, why are you in my bed again?" I asked

"Because I felt like it. I like your bed, but only with you in it."

"You know that's breaking the rules, right?"

"Don't care." was what I got, of course he didn't "Plus Kylie isn't going to say shit. The rule is so that patients aren't having sex, and we are not, therefore in my book it's fine." My face reddened at the mention of sex with him.

He opened one eye and laughed

"What?" I asked a bit irritated

"You're cute when you blush." Which only made that blush deepen and his laughter grow.

"Shut up." Well that was original Bailey. I thought to myself

"Are you shy about the sex topic?" he teased and I looked away. Of course I was, I was still a virgin, and no matter how much my brother didn't care anymore, I was going to keep that promise to him.

"Yes, okay now drop it." I just figured if I admitted it, it would take the fun out of it for him, and I was glad when he looked thrown off.

"Are you a virgin, Bailey?" he asked and I mentally groaned

"Yes, okay." I admitted and his face went from teasing to serious

"Good. Most people use sex as a way to get drugs, I'm proud of you, Bailey. Hold onto that." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you." all my friends made fun of me about it, even tried to set me up to I could just hook up with people, but to me that was just gross and I could never do that. I couldn't have sex with someone I wasn't in love with.

I think I could if I wasn't married, maybe, but I had to be with them a while and be in love with them for sure, if a guy can't wait for that then they aren't worth my time. I've been telling myself that for years and I always stick to it.

Any time I thought of giving in, and I didn't the next day and all the days after that I would be glad that I held strong. I may be weak from some things, but I was a fortress on that.

"How are you feeling?" he asked

"Better, but not great."

"Understandable. Are you hungry?" he asked

"Yes." He opened his eyes and I couldn't stop looking at them, he had such amazing eyes, I was jealous.

"I'll go get some food, what do you want?" my stomach grumbled at that time

"Anything, I'm just hungry and need food." He nodded and slid out of bed to pull on a t-shirt. It was a shame he had to put it back on, he looked awfully good without one.

And I wasn't ashamed at that fact. He was sexy as hell, nearly the whole world thought so, but I wouldn't tell him that if I could help it.

I sat there and I looked at my hands and knees. They were looking a lot better today; well they were healing, but looked terrible. The skin was red and scabby but that was a good thing, and I couldn't wait until I could be up and walking around.

Julian came back in and set my food on the table again because I couldn't be trusted to hold it, one day soon I would be able to, one day soon I could actually eat in the cafeteria, but one day soon I would also have to start group.

And I think I would prefer detoxing.

Actually no, nothing is worse than going through those middle days of it, my stomach still clenched in pain just thinking about it.

"What's wrong?" he asked and I shook my head "You need to talk about things, so start with me, what's wrong?"

"I'm afraid about group and more of the therapy." I admitted

"It's hard at first, but you meet with the same group, they put you with similar people. Each time it will get easier, and Robert is awesome, you'll like him. He truly cares about all his patients, and he's not judgmental. I'll even let you in on a secret, if you want." he said and I looked at him curiously.

"Secret?" I asked

"Yes, but you can't tell anyone, and I mean that." He said

"Promise." I smiled at him

"My first sessions I was resistant, but Robert kept working with me, and one day he got past everything and I broke down and cried nearly the whole appointment as I talked to him about everything, and I still do cry when we're going over certain things."

I sat there and took what he said in. I looked at the six foot four guy beside me covered with muscles, he had tattoos and gave off the vide that nothing could touch him, and he was telling me that he broke down and cried at sessions.

"I promise not to tell." I said

"How about every day we tell something about ourselves? It's something we use in group, but between you and me. Secrets between you and me, and no telling a single other person what the other said." He proposed and I thought about it.

That wouldn't be so bad, we could tell any secret we want.

"Deal." I said and he stuck out his hand

"Shake on it?" he asked and I nodded and placed my hand in his.

I don't know what it was about him, I felt like I had known him months instead of days and I have no idea what he saw in me. In here he was like everyone else, but his whole life nearly he has been famous. So I just don't see what plain me has to offer for a friendship, especially since he talks to no one else, but I was just going to go with it.

I knew this was going to be hard, but I knew he could take all the anger I had to offer.

I was thinking we were going to be great friends, same with Lacey.

This place just got a little bit better. I was still pissed to be here, but with friends maybe I could actually get through this alive.

I was feeling oddly positive today.