[Chapter Eleven] Insight

Chapter Eleven- Insight 

Julian's Pov

She was breaking; I knew that when I walked back into the room and saw her curled up on her side, her shoulders shook slightly as she cried. She had been pretty good the last couple days, I knew it wouldn't last. I don't know how she was keeping herself together so long.

I gave Lacey her food and set mine and hers down before going over to her bed. She was still curled up in my shirt so I crawled into bed with her and wrapped my arms around her so she was pulled against my chest.

Robert had a point though; I was never friends with girls and it was going to be a challenge.

I felt like her an I were so similar in attitude, so I knew that she wouldn't let me hold her like I wanted to, and I knew when her body tensed what was about to come. She pushed my arms off of her and turned to face me.

"Don't touch me and get out of my bed" she snapped at me and I sighed.

"Bailey, calm down." I told her and she pushed me and I rolled out of the bed and hit the floor with a loud thud and a pain to my side, shit that hurt.

"I told you to get out." She glared down at me and I was having a really hard time keeping my temper under control right now. I could usually manage but it wasn't close to the surface and if she didn't calm down I was going to lose it.

"Bailey." I warned as I stood up and held her glare.

"Just go! Both of you, just leave!" she screamed and I nodded.

"Lacey, let's go." I told her, she needed time, I could respect that, and I also needed to get out of here. I've spent so much time around her the past week or so, and a break wouldn't be a bad thing.

"But" she started and I shot her a glare which made her shut up and then grab her stuff.

"I'll come to check on you later" I kissed her forehead and she turned her head away.

"Don't." she warned

"I'll come back over around nine or so." I told her.

"No, I don't want you too."

"I'll be back." I told her again before I left the room.

She needed time and tomorrow I would give that to her, I would be at therapy and the gym and just do whatever to leave her be and see how that gets her.

I think I was just a bit impatient for her to be better. I forget sometimes about how many emotions she's probably going through, how she must be feeling. I forget that I need to give her time to process and that this is all new to her, so I would take a step back and let her figure it out for herself                                                                                                                  

There were some things that people could help with but there were a lot that you had to figure out on your own. You had to accept things and be comfortable with the vulnerability you're going to show and be okay with being at rock bottom to build yourself back up.

It's a different environment here, and she would learn that in time. I think that things will get easier for her after a couple sessions, and group was the scariest but one of the most helpful. People tell you how you're not alone, but most of the time you can't being yourself to believe that, but when you go to group and see the faces of other people going through it too, it proves that you aren't.