[Chapter Thirty-Three] Broken Lives. Bailey

Gone Too Soon: Simple Plan

Chapter Thirty-Three – Broken Lives; Bailey
Bailey's Pov

We were allowed to leave for the funeral; they brought us and watched up closely as we went. This was vulnerable time for everyone. I can't even remember the details of it because I could only look at the casket that held her now cold body.

There was no more heart beat, no more blood flow. I would never see her laugh again or make fun of me for being so innocent. She would never be at me wedding, whenever that will be. No more late night talks and gossiping. No more advice. No more Lacey.

I lay in her bed, her parents haven't come to clean it out yet; they said it was too hard. It's been nine days since I found her. God the room was so cold; it was chilled with the presence of death. My best friend lay pale and lifeless on the ground. I just don't understand how she could just, leave.

There were never any signs that she would do something like this, not that I can think of, and I've been doing nothing but think of her the past nine days. I haven't eaten, I've barley slept, I only move from the bed when I need to use the restroom or shower.

I've shut everyone out. Robert's been sent in to talk to me, but I have nothing to say. Julian doesn't know what to do anymore. He's just as lost as I am, it started as a joke, but Lacey was like a sister to him. I can't even talk to Kylie.

I feel just sick. I can't get the image of her body out of my head.

I looked down into my hands at the powder in the bag. I had to promise Macy a shit ton for when I got out, but she got me what I needed. She left it on another grave behind the flowers. I haven't opened it, not yet, but I think today I'll change that.

We were allowed to send monitored letters and i'm glad she could figure out what i ment by the seemingly innocent words

I got up and mindlessly walked to my desk to grab hand held mirror and poured some on. I felt nothing right now, nothing but a small pang of pain in my chest, and I just want it to go away because I knew it would grow, so I grabbed something to roll up and sectioned it.

It wasn't Heroin this time, cocaine was easier for her to get her hands on, I've never done cocaine, but Julian seemed to like it at one point so I guess it should be good. I was out of it right now, reality meant nothing to me as I leaned down and put the rolled up bill over the powder.

"What the hell are you doing!" someone yanked me by my arm and I almost dropped the bill. No, he was going to take it away. I needed it, I needed to forget, I needed to forget I ever knew her, that she was gone. I rushed back to the desk and he grabbed the mirror so I grabbed the bag and dashed into the bathroom, locking the door behind me and quickly found something else to make lines on.

"God damn it Bailey, open the fucking door right now!" he was banging on it but I ignored it. Right now, I felt more alive than I had in nine days. My heart was pounding and I was ready to give in.

"Bailey, I will break the door down" he said as I sectioned it off quickly. I was almost ready to take in the sweet white power when there was a loud splitting sound and I looked back to see he did indeed break the door down.

If looks could kill, I would be with Lacey right now.

"Give it to me" he yelled

"Want some?" I asked and he shook his head and scoffed in disgust.

"Of course I do, and you know that." He glared at me

"Me first." I told him

"To hell with that, no fucking way" he started towards me and I leaned down again but he grabbed my arm and yanked me away once more. He was livid as he pushed me against a wall and leaned down to get right in my face.