Mom, Can I Talk To You?

I walked home in deep thought. I planned the whole conversation out.

I was going to walk into the house and find mom. I'm going to find her and ask her if I can talk her and she will say "of course, sweetie!" I will hide the pregnancy test behind my back until I tell her I took one. She would be shocked and think that I had "it" on purpose but I will tell her I was raped by Christopher at the party. Then... I don't know what will happen next.

I got home and stood in front of the door for a few seconds and then opened it. I could tell my mom was in the living room. I went in.

Ella: mom? Can I talk to you about something?

Mom: sure honey! Anything is safe with me...

Ella: well....... I took..... I... Took a......

Mom: a what?

Ella: pregnancy test.....

I said it so quietly she could barely hear me but she heard me enough. I pulled the pregnancy test from my pocket and kept in my hand.

Mom: Ella, can I see?

I handed it to her. She studied it for a minute or two...

Mom: Ella, did you... Have sex.... On purpose?

Ella: NO! Christopher, one of Tori's friends from the party RAPED ME!!

Mom: Calm down Ella.... Just tell me what happened...

Ella: we played truth or dare and he was dared to kiss me. After that I went to the bathroom. He followed me. When I opened the door, he was standing there. Then he forcibly kissed me and got himself and I naked and he started. He held me down where I couldn't get free. I tried yelling but tori couldn't hear me because of the music. He disappeared after that...

Mom: sweetheart.... I, don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry....

Ella: I'm sorry too mom.

Mom: why are you sorry?

Ella: because I didn't tell you earlier.

Mom: I don't care when you told me! What's important is you did tell me!

I was so relieved when I got to go upstairs and lay down. I was finally off feet because I was already getting symptoms. I was cranky sometimes, I was craving things, I was tired, I was achy, ugh. This is going to be a long journey.