Newest Enemy

I walked down the stairs to see my mom, staring at me with her arms crossed and Trevor by her side.

Mom: what the hell happened Ella?!

Ella: Cameron kicked the shit out of him!

Mom: watch it! And why?!

Ella: he pushed Cameron into me while Oscar was in my arms and I fell back! I didn't catch myself because I was trying to save him. My back feels like someone just stuck a knife in it. So Cameron hit him again...

Mom looked over at Trevor. She was mad, you could see it in the way she looked at him.

Mom: you should go.

Trevor looked at me and I just stared him down. He turned around and left.

Mom: Ella, let me see you back.

I turned around and she lifted up my shirt a little.

Mom: oh my god! Ella, it's already bruised! We should get you to the hospital to make sure everything is alright.

Ella: ok hang on...

It hurt a lot to walk up the stairs but I had to get Oscar and Cam.

Cam: is your mom mad at me?

Ella: she's more mad at Trevor. I'm going to the hospital for my back. The party is being canceled for now....

Cam: let me see...

He turned me around and lifted up my shirt a little like my mom did.

Cam: Ella, are you mad at me?

Ella: not at all, he deserves his face looking like he got hit by a train.

Cam: this is really bad,

He turned me around to face him.

Cam: I won't let him hurt you ever again.

He leaned in and kissed me. He held me gently on my sides to keep my back from hurting.

I let go of Cam and got Oscar. We left my room and headed for the stairs.

Ella: ow!

Cam: let me carry Oscar's carseat, you don't need any weight on your back.

Ella: thanks.

We made it down the stairs and left the house. Almost all the party guests were gone and on their way to a hotel. Unfortunately, we were on our way to the hospital. We dropped Cameron off at his house.

My back ached the whole way to the hospital. That ride seemed to take forever.

We walked into the ER and got a room. We waited about 10 minutes for the doctor.

Doctor: hello, my name is dr. Krott. Which one needs an examination for their back?

Mom: she needs it, I'm Libby and this is Ella.

Doctor: hi Ella, so may I ask what happened?

Ella: it's a long story... To sum it up, I fell back and didn't catch myself at all.

Doctor: ok, I'm going to take a look and see what the problem is.

He lifted up my shirt to the back of my neck.

Doctor: your back is very bruised, how hard did you hit your shoulder blades?

Ella: I hit my shoulder blades first so they kind of broke my fall.

Doctor: ok I'm going to apply light pressure on some areas and you give me a number from 1 to 10 on how much it hurts, 10 is very hurtful and 1 is barely. You can also say 0.

He pushed down on my lower back first

Ella: 2

He moved up a little bit.

Ella: 4...

Ella: 5....

Ella: 5....

Ella: 7....

He reached my shoulder blades,

Ella: 10! Ow!

Doctor: ok, I'm going to give you a back brace and don't worry, it's not a huge one, its pretty small. But it's going to help support your back and it will heal faster. Also, I'm going to give you some medium pain reliever.

Ella: ok, how long will I have to wear the brace?

Doctor: probably at least 2 weeks but it depends on how you feel. But you will have to take the pain pills for exactly 2 weeks, no more, no less.

Ella: ok, sounds good.

Doctor: ok, I'm going to go get the brace and write the prescription. I'll be right back.

Mom: I'm glad it's nothing too serious,

Ella: me too! But my back still feels awful!

Mom: it won't be for long, at least you won't have to have any surgery, that was my fear.

Ella: mine too...

The doctor walked back in and gave my mom the paper for the prescription and then showed me how to put on the back brace.

I looked in the mirror they had and I looked pretty normal when my shirt was covering it, just a little chubbier.

We returned home and mom got dinner started. We both ate and I was really tired for some reason so I just went up to my room and fell asleep shortly after that. It was a nice dreamless sleep... I think I wasn't dreaming...

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hey guys so I know I haven't posted a little while I've been reading this really good book and it's distracting me. I have a really good idea for the next few chapters so just stay here and keep reading! I promise the next chapters will be out pretty soon! Thanks for sticking with me through this long period of time with no chapters, I love ya guys!