My Saviour!

Monday, June 24

I heard the alarm in my ear. I moaned and got up. I went into the bathroom and took a shower. I heard my mom downstairs when I walked out.

I went into my closet and looked for something to wear.

I picked out a pair of faded jean short-shorts, with a tang top that had thick stripes across it in rainbow colors. I picked out some low-top, blue converse and looked in the mirror.

Katii always said she would love to look like me instead of herself. I don't know why... She has long light brown hair and hazel eyes. Her face isn't too wide or too long. She is tall but not towering over people. She always wore the nicest of cloths.

Me on the other hand, I had long dirty blonde hair, that I love but that's about the only thing I think is perfect. My eyes are a bright green. My face is sort of round, I'm shorter than Katii. She has more perfect features than I do.

I walked down the stairs into the kitchen to eat.

Mom: well hello there! Happy Monday!

Ella: thanks mom! You know I love Mondays!

Mom: Trevor's mom called and we might go out tonight to the gym.

Ella: what gym? There's about a million in this little town!

Mom: Herndon gym, the one by that Ice cream place.

Ella: how ironic, so when your done burning calories, you can go get ice cream!

Mom: yup! Hahaha...

I got some cereal and packed my bag.

I decide to walk to school today since I had time.

*****

When I arrived at school, the first person I see in the school yard is someone I never want to see.... Chris.

I stood in that exact spot for a few moments. He looked over at me and realized who I was. His expression changed from happy to regretful and terrified. Just like mine.

He started walking up to me and my legs started sprinting to the lunch room door. He started running too. This is where I panicked. He reached the door before me and blocked it. I ran past him to the main door, which was probably 100 meters away.

I ran and ran with Chris on my tail a few feet behind me. The adrenaline ran through my body and my breathing was getting very heavy. I looked forward at the door, I was so close! Once I was in there I would run into the office and go into the principals office. He was always there in the morning.

It seemed like more people were chasing me by the sound of feet hitting the ground. I blinked and in that split second, I hit something hard and tripped. I caught myself with my hands and saw someone jump over me and fall. I felt someone else hit my head kind of hard. I breathed hard and everything went black.

******

I woke up in the nurses office with a wet wash cloth on my head. I sat up and took it in my hand. I looked over and saw the nurse at her computer.

Nurse: ah, your finally awake!

I just looked at her confused.

Nurse: I guess your wondering how you got here huh?

I nodded.

Nurse: well, a boy named Cameron Lemue brought you in here. He told me that you don't like that boy named Chris for certain reasons and he didn't tell me what those are. He told me that Chris was chasing you and he was running after you with too, trying to get you to turn around. After you tripped, he jumped over you and managed not to hit you. Chris on the other hand, he hit you in the head before he landed. Cameron told him to never go near you again and he carried you in here.

So that's who I saw jump over me before I blacked out, it was Cameron! I stared at my hands for a few moments.

Ella: um, am I free to go? I feel ok now.

Nurse: yeah, you never had a fever or anything so yup!

Ella: thank you!

I walked in the halls to my locker and opened it. The sound echoed in the halls, it was really quiet. I heard footsteps from around the corner. I feared that it would be him... I had my back turned so I was facing my locker.

????: Ella!

That voice was familiar... Very familiar... I decided I had to turn around... My gaze met my Saviour, Cameron.

Ella: Cam....

Cam: are you ok?

Ella: yeah, thanks to you!

Cam moved his hand up to feel my head where Chris hit me.

Ella: that didn't hurt much when he hit me... Thank you Cameron.

I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug. He hugged me back.

Cameron: are we friends?

Ella: yeah...

I let go and grabbed my book for math. We walked back together.

When we entered the room, everybody stared at us. Katii mouthed "are you ok?" and i nodded.

Mrs. Mulder: so Cameron? i guess you found someone on your way back? Haha,

Cameron: yeah i guess...

Mrs Mulder whispered in my ear,

Mrs.Mulder: most everyone knows what happened. But we don't know why you don't like him...

Ella: for reasons i dont want to say yet...

She nodded in a understanding way. I sat down in my seat and zoned out for the rest of class.

******

At lunch, i sat by all of my friends and they all asked me if i was ok.

Ella: yeah im fine. Just got hit in the head when i was on the ground and blacked out from fear...

i looked around the room for Cam becuase he wasnt sitting with us.... and i wanted him to....

Trevor: who are you looking for?

Ella: no one...

Trevor: yes you are! did you know that you are not the best of liars?

Ella: ok fine i am looking for some one but im not telling who it is!

i smirked at Trevor and he just smiled back. I continued to look around the room but there was no sign of him anywhere... Why was he hiding?

The day continued normally and i didn't run into Chris again, thank the lord for that!

Trevor met me by our tree outside and we waited for one of our parents to pick us up since they were going out. My moms blue Audi pulled up and Trevor's mouth dropped open.

Ella: what?

Trevor: awesome car!

I smiled and we walked over. My mom was driving and Trevor's mom was in the passenger seat.

Mrs. Holleman: well hello love birds!

Trevor: MOM!?

Mrs. Holleman: oh Trev, you know I'm just teasing!

I giggled and climbed into the car.

Mom: so how was school?

Ella: good but bad.....

Mom: what was bad about it?

Ella: I ran into someone....

Mom: who?! Wait... I hope I'm thinking of the wrong person but was he at THE party?

Ella: yeah...

Mom: he's at school?!

Ella: yup! I'm am so happy that the police caught him or punished him! I feel safe!

Trevor smiled.

Mom: so what happened with him?

Ella: when I reached the school yard, I instantly saw him and he looked over and saw me. I stood there, terrified for a few minutes and he started walking up to me. I started sprinting for the closest door and he did the same. He got there before me so I ran for the main office door. He was only few feet behind me. It started to sound like there were more people running after me by all the feet hitting the ground. I hit something hard and tripped. I saw someone jump and land in front of me without hitting me. Then I felt a hit in the head and someone else land in front of me. My vision get blurry and I heard yelling and I blacked out. I woke up in the nurses office and she told me who my " Saviour" was. It was Cameron.

Mom: the Cameron who gave Trevor that awful blood fountain on his nose?

Ella: yeah that one!

Mrs. Holleman: seems like he still cares a lot about you and still kind of likes you...

Ella: not to be rude but how did you know that he cared about me and him liking me?

Mrs. Holleman: well.... Not to embarrass anybody but someone always told me how Cameron cared so much about you and that HE could do the same thing and HE always told me how HE could be Cameron and have you like HIM.... Sound like anybody you know?

I bursted out laughing. I knew exactly who it was!

Ella: may I solve the puzzle?

Mrs. Holleman: she chooses to solve the puzzle for 200 points!

Ella: is "HE" Trevor?

Mrs. Holleman: ding! Ding! Ding! Ella gets 200 points!

Trevor: is this make fun of Trevor day or something, MOM?!

Mrs. Holleman: I just thought she should know all the things you would come home and tell me!

I continued to laugh.Trevor laughed too...