Finding When!

I set my alarm for 10 am so I could get ready go to the hospital in time.

I took a hot shower, put on some faded, rainbow short-shorts with a white tang top with paint splatters on it and some neon green flip flops.

I took the towel off my head and dried my hair and put it in a messy bun and put some mascara on. I looked in my mirror and was pleased with my look.

I went downstairs and was greeted by my, very excited mom.

Mom: well don't you look so pretty! Is that the outfit you bought last night?

Ella: yeah, everything except the shoes!

Mom: I love it! So are you hungry?

Ella: yeah! I will make myself some cereal though,

Mom: no, we should go out for breakfast! Today is very special!

Ella: mom, Oscar probably won't be out of the hospital today, probably like a week or so.

Mom: still, we are finding out when he will be out!

Ella: I guess, where do you want to go?

Mom: no, where do YOU want to go? This is your day today!

Ella: haha, ok, let's see.... Where the closest Ihop?

Mom: who cares! If that's where you want to go, that's where we're goin!

I love my mom! She knows how to make me smile, always!

She got out her iPhone and spoke to Siri.

Mom: Siri, where is the closest IHop?

Siri: the closest eye pop, here's what I found on the web.

Mom: no, the closest IHop!

Siri: 2314 south avenue for the closest IHop.

Mom: thank you!

Ella: hahahaha.... Eye pop....

Mom rolled her eyes and I continued to laugh..

*****

The drive there took about 20 minutes and it was worth it!

I hadn't had an IHop buffet in a long time!

I got 2 pancakes to start off with, with bananas, chocolate syrup, strawberries and whipped cream! Mom got 2 pancakes with every fruit known to man! I laughed at it when it came out, it was a fruit rainbow!

We were stuffed when we finished and we decided to get going so we could get to he hospital on time.

The drive back seemed to last forever because I was excited! We listened to the radio and sung along, mom was especially loud.

When Lady Gaga, Applause came on, I couldn't stop laughing! Mom doesn't know the words to that song but she knows the rhythm so she just mumbles to the parts she doesn't know and it's hilarious!

After that "concert" was finished, we arrived at the hospital. We walked into the lobby and the lady directed us to a room where we would talk to the doctor.

We waited a couple minutes and he came in.

Doctor: hello Ella! How are you?

Ella: very excited!

Doctor: well, I can see that! So we finished all of the tests on Oscar and he seems very healthy!

Ella: yay!

Doctor: he would be about 8 and a half months if he wasn't delivered yet, so I think he should be able to come home in about 7 days!

Ella: yay! Can I go see him?

Doctor: sure! Follow me.

We got up and left the room. We followed the doctor to the nursery, only it was a different section. The nursery was divided into age sections. He was in the newborn section now and that made me very happy!

I walked in an said hi to Angie, the nurse that has taken care of Oscar all of this time!

Angie: hi Ella! Did you find out when he is coming home?

I knew she knew when he was coming home.

Ella: one week!

Angie: that's so great! I'm going to miss this little guy! I've been with him for 3 and a half months!

That's true! Angie is at the age where she was ready to start a family of her own.

Ella: Angie?

Angie: yeah?

Ella: I want you to be Oscar's god- mother.

Angie: oh thank you Ella, but are you sure?

Ella: yes, very sure! You have taken care of Oscar for all of his life so far! I can trust you!

Angie: thank you Ella!

Oscar only had a little circle taped to his chest for a heart monitor. He was awake and squirming a lot!

Ella: can I hold him?

Angie: he's your baby! You can hold him when ever you want at this age!

I picked up Oscar and laid him in my arms. He looked up at me and I looked down at him.

Ella: hi buddy! How are you today?

He smiled a tiny newborn smile and I smiled down at him. I leaned down and kissed his little bald head. His eyes were a soft yet bright baby blue. My eyes were a vibrant green so I wanted him to have my eyes.

i remembered what Chris looked like and hoped he wouldn't look like him when he grew up a little bit. Chris had almost black eyes, his face was wide and had a rough structure. His body was built bigger but he wasn't fat. He had a small mouth and a flat nose. His hair was a medium brown and went to the middle of his forehead. In other words, he wasn't good looking.

Oscar had my small nose, my soft pink lips, my face shape, my eye shape, he mostly looked like me. He was also way more cute than I ever imagined he would be.

My mom came into the room after talking with the doctor alone. She smiled after looking at him and how much he has grown.

Mom: he looks so much like you! We couldnt tell when he was born!

Ella: i know! He's so cute!

After about a half hour, Oscar fell asleep so me and mom left. We went home and had a movie, lazy night. I got into baggy flannel pants and a big t-shirt and let my hair down. Mom had almost the same thing on as me, same pants and a t-shirt. her hair was up in pony tail though.

We both fell asleep on the couch and i dreamed about Oscar.