Don't Go Yet!

July 20, 2013

30 days until Oscar can come home! I had a calendar that started at July 10 to August 10! I'm so excited!

I've been at the hospital everyday with Oscar since he was born... I have to admit it is kind of boring...

I told my mom I wanted to go home for today and relax there instead of at the hospital. Of course, she said we could.

The drive home was relaxing, we live in California, so we had all of the windows down and the music cranked up. I hadn't listened to the pop station on the radio in forever. There was so much awesome new music!

When we got home, we were welcomed home by my husky, Pete. He was so excited we were home!

I also have a guinea pig named Chester that we let roam around the house because we potty trained him.

When we went in the living room, we were also welcomed by my grandparents from Michigan! I hadn't seen them in 4 years!

Ella: grandma! Grandpa!

I hugged them both very hard. I missed them so much!

Grandma: hi Ella! I missed you so much! How are you?

Ella: I'm good, I guess.. How long are you staying?

Grandma: until August 17! We wanted to see Oscar as much as we can before we leave!

Grandpa: so he's still in the hospital?

Ella: yeah, he's doing really well though. The nurse said he's right on track if he was still inside. He has some hair on his head, it's really close to my color. And I love him!

Grandma: I can't wait to see him, are we going to hospital tomorrow?

Ella: I am! I told mom that I wanted to relax cause I've been at the hospital for 2 months! It's gotten really boring!

Just as I said that, the phone rang....

Mom answered.

Mom: hello?........yes.........no........NO! NO, YOUR KIDDING! Ok...... Yes....... Thank you.....

She had tears running down her cheeks, I was getting scared.

Mom:..... Ok..... Ella?

Ella: yeah?

Mom:........ Oscar......

It involved Oscar! I was feeling the tears stream down my face when she said his name.

Ella: what happened?!

Mom: he had a seizure..... A pretty rough one too....

Ella: no........... We need to go to the hospital! NOW!

At that moment, everybody sprang up and piled into the car. The drive there was silent. I quietly cried in the back seat and mom quietly cried in the drivers seat.

When we got there, I ran out of the car without waiting for anybody. I went to the front desk. There was a lady sitting there.

Ella: excuse me?

Lady: yes?

Ella: Can you point me to where Oscar Peterson is?

Lady: yes, just a minute...

She took a minute to look him up in te computer.

Lady: in the nursery, hallway 4, bed 9.

Ella: thank you!

I ran all the way there.

Moms POV

Mom: did a girl with dirty blonde hair run through here?

Lady: yes, she went to see a baby. Is she your daughter?

Mom: yes, what room did she go to?

Lady: nursery, hallway 4, bed 9.

Mom: thank you!

Ella's POV

I finally got to the nursery. I went to hallway 4 and went into the room called "bed 9"

I went in and saw some nurses around him.... He was awake.

Nurse 1: are you Ella? His mother?

Ella: yes..... How is he?

Nurse 1: eh, he could be better.... The doctor will be in, in a few minutes, you can stay if you want.

Ella: yes, I will.

I walked over to the empty chair near Oscar. He looked over at me and I smiled.

A few minutes later, the doctor came in. The same man that delivered Oscar.

Doctor: hi Ella! How are you?

Ella: been better...

Doctor: yeah, me too! Where's your mom?

Ella: I don't know... I ran out of the car and into the hospital before them... They should be here soon...

Doctor: ok... I will just look him over then talk about what we could do when your mom is here, ok?

Ella: yeah, ok.

He began listening to Oscar's heart beat and lungs. A few minutes went by and mom, grandma and grandpa walked in.

Mom: Ella! You scared me!

Ella: how? I just went before you into the hospital...

Mom: you could've got lost or something!

Ella: mom! I'm fine!

Mom: ok Ella...

She gave me a hug. I didn't hug back though.... I was just too sad about everything...

Doctor: ok, we aren't sure what caused him to have a seizure but we have many ways to find out. We can start with a MRI which checks his brain, we can do cat-scans and a lot of other stuff.

Mom: I think we should start with the MRI because when I had a seizure, they said to do all of those and we started with the MRI and they instantly found the reason why I had one.

Doctor: me too. We can start it right now or later or whenever you want as long as one is open.

Mom: what do you want to do Ella?

Ella: I want him to have one as soon as possible!

Doctor: ok let me check if one is open for use and if it is we will put him in!

The doctor was gone for about 10 minutes and came back and said one was open. They wheeled Oscar to the MRI room and put him in the tube... We had to wait now....

💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟

Oh my god!!! You guys are awesome!!!! I have like 450 reads on this book!!! When I checked and saw that number, my jaw literally dropped!! You guys are so amazing! Thank you so much for reading and I will try to write every day and post every couple of days!! I love you guys!!!!!!!!!