Where Is He?

March 16, 2013

Today is Wednesday. 2 weeks since I took the test. I went to school like any other day and everything, as normal.

What I noticed in 6th hour was I haven't seen Christopher since that night, not even at school. Where did he go?

I decided to go talk to Cameron because he is friends with him. After 6th hour I found him at his locker.

Ella: hi Cam!

Cameron: hey, how are you?

Ella: good, how are you?

Cameron: good... So what did ya need?

Ella: have you seen Chris lately?

Cameron: no, I've been wondering where he is. Have you seen him?

Ella: no, not since the party...

Cameron: what even happened at the party that night with you and him, anyway?

Ella: alright... I will tell you only if you come over to my house. I don't want anybody to know about this...

Cameron: ok, do you want me to call you when I get home or what?

Ella: you can walk home with me if you want.

Cameron: ok let's do that!

While we walked home together, we talked about school stuff and other things like that. I think I'm growing to actually like Cameron. I mean, like-liking him. I don't know what it is about him but I do like him.

When we got to my house, I asked my mom if Cameron could hang out for a little bit. She said yeah.

We went to my room and set our stuff down. I walked over to my bed and sat down because my feet were killing me, like always. I motioned him to sit with me.

Ella: alright, before I tell you this, you have to promise not to tell anyone! Ok?

Cameron: ok, I promise! I will never tell anyone!

I really felt like I could trust Cam.

Ella: ok.... On the night of the party, after the kiss, I went upstairs to pee and Chris followed me to the bathroom... He stood outside the door and waited for me... When I opened the door, he.... Started forcibly kissing me....

Cameron: WHAT? He kissed you again?

Ella: yeah, but that's not all he did.... He.... He...

Cameron: he what? You can tell me.

Cameron grabbed my hand and held it kind of tightly, it was calming the way he did it. I just looked down at the floor and told him.

Ella: he raped me.....

Cameron sat in silence and in shock.

Cameron: he.... Raped you?

Ella: yeah... And....

Cameron: there's more?

Ella: yeah and I'm.... Pregnant....

I started crying. He pulled me into a hug. He knew just how to calm me down, I knew at this moment, I really liked Cam.

Cameron: it's ok, Ella. He's not going to hurt you anymore. I'll make sure of it.

Ella: I don't want him in my life or the baby's life. He's a criminal, he needs to be locked up!

Cameron: I know, but you just have to take it easy. You don't want to hurt the baby.

His words were so calm and soothing.

Cameron: listen, I know your going through a hard time right now and I get that but would you like to, maybe....

I knew exactly what he was going to ask me but I kept quiet.

Cameron: maybe.... Be my girlfriend?

I didn't even have to think about it.

Ella: yes.

I hugged him back because he was still hugging be but he was turned so he could see my face. He pulled me closer. I liked feeling the warmness of him close to me. Then my thoughts went back to Christopher...